Register Now
JennyorAlice

Hogwarts Legacy

I can see it's a great game, but as a trans woman I cannot support anything that benefits the author, so will be completely avoiding it.  I won't get into the specifics, that's not what this thread is for, but I hope those who do choose to play it enjoy it, there is no way any sort of boycott was ever going to happen for this game, it's just too popular, but from a personal standpoint I will not in any way support this game due to who profits from it.

I have seen the great reviews the game was getting and was surprised to find it really looked more up my alley that I thought it would be. However, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I can't handle the thought that any of my money, even just a tiny little bit of it ending up in the vile TERF JK Rowling's pocket. Not to mention I know that arrogant bitch registers the success of anything and everything based on her work as validation for her prejudiced and dangerous points of view.

So I pirated it, and plan to donate the money I would have spent on the game to an LGBTQ+ rights campaign charity instead. I know that's something that I shouldn't admit to, especially as the moderator of a forum that comdems piracy and doesn't allow it, but there are times when it can be morally justified. I did that simply as me, not as a reresentive of VGR nor it's staff, members nor principles.

Anyway, I am loving it so far. The look and atmosphere of the game is spot on, the indigenous story is immediately interesting and RPG elements are solid. The controls do take a little getting used too, but make sense and what I've seen of the combat is frantic and really fun to do. I'm also very relieved to find the game seems to have not been poisoned by Rowling's toxic social politics with a very diverse cast, character creation options and even includes trans-friendly options in said character creator.

So, it's a great start, but we'll see how it goes.

My spouse has been enjoying the game, so much that they just started their third playthrough! They're a Slytherin so they picked Slytherin first, and just finished their play through as a Hufflepuff. Their currently playing as a Grifindor, so they're saving the best house for last IMO. 😛 I'm not too big into Harry potter, I enjoyed the films when they came out and I read the books when I was younger but it just never peaked my interest that much. I did have The Chamber of Secrets game for the GBA as a kid. xD

Beat the game last night with a few collectables and side quest still to go. I loved the game. Great story, interesting side missions (especially the relationship quests) and very enjoyable combat, even if the game was a little on the easy side. Well, until the final boss, then the game was a certifiable nightmare. Don't get be wrong is was brilliant;

Thank you, Ron.

Overall, I would recommend it. It is still a shame that buy buying the game you are supporting a crazy TERF, but judging the game on it's own merits, it is fantastic.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:28 AM, Shagger said:

Beat the game last night with a few collectables and side quest still to go. I loved the game. Great story, interesting side missions (especially the relationship quests) and very enjoyable combat, even if the game was a little on the easy side. Well, until the final boss, then the game was a certifiable nightmare. Don't get be wrong is was brilliant;

Thank you, Ron.

Overall, I would recommend it. It is still a shame that buy buying the game you are supporting a crazy TERF, but judging the game on it's own merits, it is fantastic.

Your tone about the game sure has changed since playing it. I started playing it the other day and other than a few performance issues here and there, it's pretty solid. Personally, I've never liked Harry Potter and it has nothing to do with the creator, the world itself never quite appealed to me like the Witcher if I was to compare a medieval fantasy game based on book series.

Being a Harry Potter fan, I'd love to try it out someday. Being immersed in the magical world of Harry Potter seems like it'd be pretty fun and entertaining. I just don't have any system to play it on at the moment ever since my gaming laptop broke and my PS4 was given to my brother. I think the game is still too expensive to purchase anyway, so I'd rather wait until the price goes down before I would even consider purchasing it.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:15 PM, CoryAR said:

Being a Harry Potter fan, I'd love to try it out someday. Being immersed in the magical world of Harry Potter seems like it'd be pretty fun and entertaining. I just don't have any system to play it on at the moment ever since my gaming laptop broke and my PS4 was given to my brother. I think the game is still too expensive to purchase anyway, so I'd rather wait until the price goes down before I would even consider purchasing it.

This is what I am waiting for at the moment. I have been excited for the game since it was announced but due to lack of funds and not having enough time as well, I have not jumped on the game yet. 

If I can find it on sale and also have the time to play it as it seems like the kind of game that you really do need to pay attention to, I may jump to it 🙂