Register Now
Justin11

Were you influenced to love the game or it is something natural?

When it comes to sports, everyone has his or her own preferences. Their are some sport events I am forced to love, not my wish, but via peer influence. Games like 'snooker, rugby, basketball, tennis, cricket etc, aren't natural for me. I am just pushed by some of my friends who loved each of them because they want me to be around them.  

The sport events I love are 'soccer, handball, track and field events. But my favourite remains 'soccer, which comes naturally for me since my childhood. Others I'll say, peer influence, and today I don't fancy them anymore. Because, no love, no motivation to keep watching and following their activities. 

Share your opinion please!

I was actually influenced, I wasn't that big into sports until I was about 6 years old when my uncle came to live with us, he is a Barcelona fan and likes to take me and bro to see football Games with him, my interest in it started to grow From that moment.

Though I don't really know how to play soccer but I like see soccer games.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

I was actually influenced, I wasn't that big into sports until I was about 6 years old when my uncle came to live with us, he is a Barcelona fan and likes to take me and bro to see football Games with him, my interest in it started to grow From that moment.

Though I don't really know how to play soccer but I like see soccer games.

That's cool to hear, it means you were influenced and from there your love grew. Their is nothing bad, lots of people loved the game 'soccer, that way. Mine, was just natural, which I inherited from my dad. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool to hear, it means you were influenced and from there your love grew. Their is nothing bad, lots of people loved the game 'soccer, that way. Mine, was just natural, which I inherited from my dad. 

My dad was never really a soccer fan as much as I could remember but he only knew there was a lot of money in soccer and was always encouraging me to play the sport, at that point I wasn't interested in playing soccer but I only enjoyed watching others play.

10 minutes ago, Clasher said:

My dad was never really a soccer fan as much as I could remember but he only knew there was a lot of money in soccer and was always encouraging me to play the sport, at that point I wasn't interested in playing soccer but I only enjoyed watching others play.

That's cool too. Mine wasn't influenced by the money involved in the game, it was just something passionate for me. I can't recall the first time I carried the ball, it has started even before I started walking as a child 😂. When I realized the money involved, my love grew in the game, I'm growing old, if I don't play professionally in the next few years, I'll hang up my boots. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool too. Mine wasn't influenced by the money involved in the game, it was just something passionate for me. I can't recall the first time I carried the ball, it has started even before I started walking as a child 😂. When I realized the money involved, my love grew in the game, I'm growing old, if I don't play professionally in the next few years, I'll hang up my boots. 

I was never moved by the money though most kids my age in the neighborhood where gaining Interest in football and training to play professionally, I just sit back and watch though I know how to play to an extent I didn't have any intentions to play professional.

My football interest grew even more when I started visiting my cousin's who lived in a different state.

I guess it's something natural when you're kid you're bound to get a ball of some sort and since football is the most populair sport every kid pretty much plays it. So you have pretty much no other choice then to join in. Over here you get gym class from the age 4 i think, so naturally you'll get introduced into different kinds of sports early on.

I've always loved baseball as a kid but it's not a sport that get's practiced a lot here, same with hockey we got to play that a couple of times in elemantory school but back then it wasen't populair and it's only in the past few years it's become more and more populair. Other things i've always enjoyed as a kid was dodge ball which i was pretty good at and volleyball same thing i was pretty good at it well much better then football. Skateboarding was also my jam when i got a bit older eventough i was probably the best skater from my group of friends since i was the only one who could do a kickflip and heelflip but for some skateboarding was more about hanging out rather then skating, but i gave up on it when i started working and everybody i knew quited anyway. 

Edited by Yaramaki

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

I was never moved by the money though most kids my age in the neighborhood where gaining Interest in football and training to play professionally, I just sit back and watch though I know how to play to an extent I didn't have any intentions to play professional.

My football interest grew even more when I started visiting my cousin's who lived in a different state.

That's pretty cool to hear about your own part. If you're being forced/influenced to love any sport at all, you wouldn't drive on for long. It is better to make a choice by yourself. You aren't moved by the game 'soccer that much, your love for it, is just limited. 

Just like me, no matter how my friends force me, I can not love playing or watching cricket game, golf, at this time. Their is nothing appealing to me with those kind of sport games, I've been a soccer lover for long, I love handball, beach soccer and all forms of track and field games. 

With Football and Athletics, I naturally took to those and always liked them naturally. American Football and Basketball on the other hand, my big brother used to watch them all the time and that's why I got into those sports. I don't watch them as much as the former 2 but I still watch them occasionally.

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's pretty cool to hear about your own part. If you're being forced/influenced to love any sport at all, you wouldn't drive on for long. It is better to make a choice by yourself. You aren't moved by the game 'soccer that much, your love for it, is just limited. 

Just like me, no matter how my friends force me, I can not love playing or watching cricket game, golf, at this time. Their is nothing appealing to me with those kind of sport games, I've been a soccer lover for long, I love handball, beach soccer and all forms of track and field games. 

All I could ever think of at that time was table tennis and at the point of my life was the only game I knew how to play perfectly well.

For this particular sport I wasn't influenced it just came natural for me and despite the fact that we didn't have a good tennis board to play on we had to create ours and I always played it with my friends.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Cricket has to be one of the most boring sports to watch especially Test cricket. It feels like there's no excitement no nothing - if you want to recommend something to help cure someone's insomnia, just let them watch Cricket. Within 2 minutes, they'll be fast asleep.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Cricket has to be one of the most boring sports to watch especially Test cricket. It feels like there's no excitement no nothing - if you want to recommend something to help cure someone's insomnia, just let them watch Cricket. Within 2 minutes, they'll be fast asleep.

You're just correct man, when I played cricket first time during my college time, I didn't love what I played. It was just boring, a complete one sided game, with crowds of defenders. Someone suffering from insomnia will get asleep immediately, cos their is no real suspense in the game like the way football drags suspense in. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're just correct man, when I played cricket first time during my college time, I didn't love what I played. It was just boring, a complete one sided game, with crowds of defenders. Someone suffering from insomnia will get asleep immediately, cos their is no real suspense in the game like the way football drags suspense in. 

I played cricket as a child for my prep school and it used to bore the hell out of me. I mean I was good at batting and bowling but the sport just never excited me.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I played cricket as a child for my prep school and it used to bore the hell out of me. I mean I was good at batting and bowling but the sport just never excited me.

When I played, I was reduced to join the bowling team, which made it so so boring. I was just defending and nothing more, what a boring sports game.