Register Now
Justin11

How do you feel when your team loses it's best player during a tournament decider or penultimate time of the season?

When it comes to any professional sport event, injury is very common due to high explosive nature of the games. But when it happens to best players in any team, it sucks. It pains me in the ass seeing the best player in my team limping off in tears when the team needs him most. I will accept it, if it occurs during starting of the season/tournament, it shouldn't come in the penultimate time of the season or during the final of UCL, or any major tournament of the season. 

Share your own opinion! 

Barcelona lost Gerald pique to an injury in the first half of the Europa quarter finals against Frankfurt, such kind of events could demoralize a team and Even make them lose the match at hand.

I actually feel very bad Especially when the star player of the match has to go off with injury there is actually little hope of a winning that particular match.

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Barcelona lost Gerald pique to an injury in the first half of the Europa quarter finals against Frankfurt, such kind of events could demoralize a team and Even make them lose the match at hand.

I actually feel very bad Especially when the star player of the match has to go off with injury there is actually little hope of a winning that particular match.

No doubt, I felt bad when Gerrard Pique limped off in that contest Frankfurt in last season Europa league. And Barcelona didn't make it to the next round, that Injury was one of our problem in the contest. G Pique is an integral player in the team, losing him was like losing another Messiah. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

No doubt, I felt bad when Gerrard Pique limped off in that contest Frankfurt in last season Europa league. And Barcelona didn't make it to the next round, that Injury was one of our problem in the contest. G Pique is an integral player in the team, losing him was like losing another Messiah. 

That's exactly my point, when he had to forfeit the game because of that injury I already knew that our winning that match wasn't certain and yeah we actually lost it.

I felt so devasted and angry that no other player could actually fill in for pique and deliver us as he would have done.

20 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's exactly my point, when he had to forfeit the game because of that injury I already knew that our winning that match wasn't certain and yeah we actually lost it.

I felt so devasted and angry that no other player could actually fill in for pique and deliver us as he would have done.

Normally Barcelona got star studed players that would've changed the game for us. Just that it wasn't our day when Frankfurt defeated us at camp nou, around 2-3, you can Google it, if I'm mistaken. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Normally Barcelona got star studed players that would've changed the game for us. Just that it wasn't our day when Frankfurt defeated us at camp nou, around 2-3, you can Google it, if I'm mistaken. 

Such kind of scenerios happen even to the best teams but when it happens to mine I always feel so devasted.

It was the case when Barcelona 4-0 to Liverpool in the 2018 champions league if I am not mistaken though we had no injuries to blame this one on.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

Such kind of scenarios happen even to the best teams but when it happens to mine I always feel so devasted.

It was the case when Barcelona 4-0 to Liverpool in the 2018 champions league if I am not mistaken though we had no injuries to blame this one on.

The scoreline at Namp Nou is '3-0, which Liverpool turned the deficit to 4-0 at the return leg at their home 'anfield. I watched the game when the scoreline was poised at 3-0, I knew Barcà will misbehave, and I went out to get some rest to calm my devastated head down. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I knew Barcà will misbehave, and I went out to get some rest to calm my devastated head down. 

Haha, like that's what they are known for "to behave" at the most crucial moments.

It's quite a mishap when a team is already 3 goals ahead and allows the second team to equalize and win in the return leg.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, Clasher said:

I watched that match and to be fair, even before that, Entracht Frankfurt were giving you guys a hell of a match and constant catching you guys out on the counter.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I watched that match and to be fair, even before that, Entracht Frankfurt were giving you guys a hell of a match and constant catching you guys out on the counter.

Barcelona wasn't in its best of forms at that time and that's the more reason why Gerald pique was a needed part of the team atleast he had more experience and has been with the club much longer than dembele and coutinho.

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Haha, like that's what they are known for "to behave" at the most crucial moments.

It's quite a mishap when a team is already 3 goals ahead and allows the second team to equalize and win in the return leg.

Their is nothing more annoying than that, allowing an opposition team to do such an unlikely comeback. Barcà have seen such a turnaround in their history double, the one Roma FC overcame, during 2017/2018, and the Liverpool FC own. But Barcà hold the record for the unexpected turnaround in UCL history vs PSG in 2016/2017 UCL season. 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

Barcelona wasn't in its best of forms at that time and that's the more reason why Gerald pique was a needed part of the team atleast he had more experience and has been with the club much longer than dembele and coutinho.

Yeah but you have to keep in mind that Pique is no longer at the peak of his powers either. He's a very good role model and leader but Barca needs younger and better defenders to truly make them a force again.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah but you have to keep in mind that Pique is no longer at the peak of his powers either. He's a very good role model and leader but Barca needs younger and better defenders to truly make them a force again.

That's true, but having him in the team would help the young players as well, since he has helped Barcelona win various titles and has played many competitions with Barcelona. 

Just like benzema that has been playing for real Madrid since 2009 and knows the club really well which is why he is still a valuable asset to them.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:43 PM, Clasher said:

That's true, but having him in the team would help the young players as well, since he has helped Barcelona win various titles and has played many competitions with Barcelona. 

Just like benzema that has been playing for real Madrid since 2009 and knows the club really well which is why he is still a valuable asset to them.

Benzema is kinda different though, he's basically outperforming his younger self so of course he'd still be an asset to Real Madrid and he's a Real Legend.