Register Now
Justin11

How do you feel when your team loses it's best player during a tournament decider or penultimate time of the season?

43 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Benzema is kinda different though, he's basically outperforming his younger self so of course he'd still be an asset to Real Madrid and he's a Real Legend.

Yes, he's a Real legend, even without his heroics last season. But last season made it more interacting for the France international. Their is no doubt to what you've said, he has performed more than his younger years. Some players form the habit of outperforming their younger age when they hit 30 years and above. Ronaldo added three more UCL titles during his 30s. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, he's a Real legend, even without his heroics last season. But last season made it more interacting for the France international. Their is no doubt to what you've said, he has performed more than his younger years. Some players form the habit of outperforming their younger age when they hit 30 years and above. Ronaldo added three more UCL titles during his 30s. 

I know and that's why I'm saying that the Pique comparison to Benzema isn't quite accurate because his on-field performances has declined in recent years so even though he's a great leader, he's not really performing at the standard expected of a Barca player.

59 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I know and that's why I'm saying that the Pique comparison to Benzema isn't quite accurate because his on-field performances has declined in recent years so even though he's a great leader, he's not really performing at the standard expected of a Barca player.

G. Pique is declining, the pique I knew last 10 years isn't the one at this time. Barcelona have added more high profile defenders, I believe pique will be relegated to the bench. Unless he proves to xavi that he can play better and defend with more robust. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

G. Pique is declining, the pique I knew last 10 years isn't the one at this time. Barcelona have added more high profile defenders, I believe pique will be relegated to the bench. Unless he proves to xavi that he can play better and defend with more robust. 

I heard they're in for Kounde but I think he's very rash in my opinion but who knows? He might perform far better in a superior Barcelona team so we'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Benzema is kinda different though, he's basically outperforming his younger self so of course he'd still be an asset to Real Madrid and he's a Real Legend

I know pique isn't in the best of forms right now considering his performance in the champions league but it is still worth it having him in the team and until there is a suitable replacement I would still like to see him play for the club.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I know pique isn't in the best of forms right now considering his performance in the champions league but it is still worth it having him in the team and until there is a suitable replacement I would still like to see him play for the club.

That's reasonable and I heard Barcelona was looking at Kounde from Sevilla but I'm curious as to why they didn't try to go in for De Ligt. Now he's off to Bayern.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's reasonable and I heard Barcelona was looking at Kounde from Sevilla but I'm curious as to why they didn't try to go in for De Ligt. Now he's off to Bayern.

The management of barcalona at this time is a topic worthy of  creating a totally new thread and discussing extensively on.

At the moment lewandoski deal is the only satisfactory move that Barcelona has made so far.

Just now, Clasher said:

The management of barcalona at this time is a topic worthy of  creating a totally new thread and discussing extensively on.

At the moment lewandoski deal is the only satisfactory move that Barcelona has made so far.

Raphinha ain't a bad deal either - he's a very skillful and hardworking player and far more committed than Dembele who gets injured if he stubs his toe. Raphinha and Lewandoski will be a wicked partnership, mark my words.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Raphinha ain't a bad deal either - he's a very skillful and hardworking player and far more committed than Dembele who gets injured if he stubs his toe. Raphinha and Lewandoski will be a wicked partnership, mark my words.

That's true, I believe there is still some hope for Barcelona in the coming season and we could actually rise back from our fallen glory once more.

Just now, Clasher said:

That's true, I believe there is still some hope for Barcelona in the coming season and we could actually rise back from our fallen glory once more.

I still think you guys are very light defensively and the rumors of Azpi and Alonso (two very old players themselves who've declined as well) going to Barca wouldn't fill me with joy.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I still think you guys are very light defensively and the rumors of Azpi and Alonso (two very old players themselves who've declined as well) going to Barca wouldn't fill me with joy.

Barcelona has always been light defensively since the days when defenders like puyol left the club.

We only had our midfielders and strikers to compensate for our gross lack of efficient defenders.

Its just a fact that every club usually has that part of their squad that doesn't function properly and is lagging behind so Barcelona isn't the only team with such issues.

Just now, Clasher said:

Barcelona has always been light defensively since the days when defenders like puyol left the club.

We only had our midfielders and strikers to compensate for our gross lack of efficient defenders.

Its just a fact that every club usually has that part of their squad that doesn't function properly and is lagging behind so Barcelona isn't the only team with such issues.

You're correct and I hope they really address it so that they can be competitive in the Champion's League again.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You're correct and I hope they really address it so that they can be competitive in the Champion's League again.

At this point Barcelona should focus more on building their squad to a good capacity with quality players and then they could actually have a chance at the champion's league for now they are still far from been ready.

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I heard they're in for Kounde but I think he's very rash in my opinion but who knows? He might perform far better in a superior Barcelona team so we'll see what happens.

Let's see what happens, I know Barcelona is in real transformation. They just want to replace those leg legs with fresh and talented players that are eager to bring the club back to its glory days. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Let's see what happens, I know Barcelona is in real transformation. They just want to replace those leg legs with fresh and talented players that are eager to bring the club back to its glory days. 

It seems that Chelsea is closer to agreeing a deal for Kounde, hopefully this becomes another Raphinha-like deal just so I can laugh at Chelsea fans for being rejected by almost every target.