Register Now
Justin11

Which European top 5 club is having the best transfer window?

22 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

But then you have the ones like Lukaku who are used to the league but has flopped at two major clubs. The funniest part about it is Chelsea paid even more for Lukaku than Man United had bought him from Everton for and then Chelsea fans have the nerve to complain about his first touch when it's always been horrible.

It's total horrible experience with Romelu Lukaku in those two clubs you mentioned. Chelsea keeps buying him over and over, still he doesn't prove any worth. Don't be surprised seeing Chelsea going for him after 2-3 seasons, thinking he has improved, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It's total horrible experience with Romelu Lukaku in those two clubs you mentioned. Chelsea keeps buying him over and over, still he doesn't prove any worth. Don't be surprised seeing Chelsea going for him after 2-3 seasons, thinking he has improved, lol. 

I mean Serie A is levels below La Liga, Epl and Bundesliga. Do you notice that most Serie A teams always do poorly in Europe. For instance, last year, AC Milan - the league champions dropped out of Europe after finishing last in their group. Inter Milan in the round of 16 in the Champions League, Napoli in the Europa League and Juventus in the round of 16 against a mediocre Villareal. The only team that did anything in Europe this season was Roma and they won the Conference League (European 3rd tier but still...).

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I mean Serie A is levels below La Liga, Epl and Bundesliga. Do you notice that most Serie A teams always do poorly in Europe. For instance, last year, AC Milan - the league champions dropped out of Europe after finishing last in their group. Inter Milan in the round of 16 in the Champions League, Napoli in the Europa League and Juventus in the round of 16 against a mediocre Villareal. The only team that did anything in Europe this season was Roma and they won the Conference League (European 3rd tier but still...).

Pretty cool analysis you put in here. In general, Serie A teams didn't do well in Europe last season. You can't say one did absolutely well when four of them faltered. Roma tried, but they supposed to be competing in the UCL too and not in the conference league. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

Pretty cool analysis you put in here. In general, Serie A teams didn't do well in Europe last season. You can't say one did absolutely well when four of them faltered. Roma tried, but they supposed to be competing in the UCL too and not in the conference league. 

It's not just this season either, it's been this way for the last decade with only Juventus making two UCL finals and doing poorly in both.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's not just this season either, it's been this way for the last decade with only Juventus making two UCL finals and doing poorly in both.

The first one they lost to Barcelona 3-1 and lost to Real Madrid 4-1. None came with less than two goals, juve are so horrible. They're still looking to win the UCL since 1993, I think it will extend more many years before they eventually lay their hands on the famous old trophy. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

The first one they lost to Barcelona 3-1 and lost to Real Madrid 4-1. None came with less than two goals, juve are so horrible. They're still looking to win the UCL since 1993, I think it will extend more many years before they eventually lay their hands on the famous old trophy. 

If I remember correctly, Juventus has never really won it and with the state of their team, they're not going to get there for a good while either.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

If I remember correctly, Juventus has never really won it and with the state of their team, they're not going to get there for a good while either.

They've won it but it is since 1993, when Roberto baggio helped them to win the UCL edition. Which is 29 years this day, and one that will cross over for many years if time isn't taken. Juve doesn't have the Calibre of players to help them achieve their greatest target at this time. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

They've won it but it is since 1993, when Roberto baggio helped them to win the UCL edition. Which is 29 years this day, and one that will cross over for many years if time isn't taken. Juve doesn't have the Calibre of players to help them achieve their greatest target at this time. 

I'd argue that just 5 or so years ago they did have great players in their prime, they just couldn't get it over the line.

53 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Chelsea keeps buying him over and over, still he doesn't prove any worth. Don't be surprised seeing Chelsea going for him after 2-3 seasons, thinking he has improved

I think at this point it feels like Chelsea took a secret oath to always sign back lukaku no matter how far off he wanders away from the team.

It's just totally strange that they still keep getting back a player that doesn't even deliver every single time.

5 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I think at this point it feels like Chelsea took a secret oath to always sign back lukaku no matter how far off he wanders away from the team.

It's just totally strange that they still keep getting back a player that doesn't even deliver every single time.

Lol, they're just suffering from Lukaku symptom, and the only way to get rid of it short while, is when they buy him back. And the most funny part of it is that, Chelsea doesn't include an option of buy back clause after selling him when they know they'll still be buying him back. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, they're just suffering from Lukaku symptom, and the only way to get rid of it short while, is when they buy him back. And the most funny part of it is that, Chelsea doesn't include an option of buy back clause after selling him when they know they'll still be buying him back. 

"Lukaku symptom" 😅

I think they got a lot of money they are willing to throw away and which other place will they throw that money away if not on an unfit player like lukaku.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

"Lukaku symptom" 😅

I think they got a lot of money they are willing to throw away and which other place will they throw that money away if not on an unfit player like lukaku.

Lukaku always appear fit when he wants to play, but he doesn't offer anything tangible when playing for Chelsea. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Lukaku always appear fit when he wants to play, but he doesn't offer anything tangible when playing for Chelsea. 

So true - his first touch is a known as a trampoline touch because of the way how the ball bounces all over the place.

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

He has the physique but lacking in talent and ball delivery , physique would help but that wouldn't be enough to guarantee him goals or wins.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

So true - his first touch is a known as a trampoline touch because of the way how the ball bounces all over the place.

What the heck is "trampoline touch" 😅...I can't stop laughing right now.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

If you watched him playing for inter last two seasons you'll love this game, he scored over 30 goals there in a full calendar year. What happened last season at Chelsea? He saw his worst scoring form in which he saw during his second stint at the club too. Lukaku has seen over third stints at Chelsea, yet he never proved himself. Maybe the fourth or fifth will be enough to prove himself. Chelsea is just waiting for his release clause to go a little bit higher than it was when they bought him, so they can acquire his services again to correct his past mistakes.