Register Now
Justin11

Which of the big teams in Europe top five leagues whose transfer business in the past decade have been at worst?

To be frank, the list you put here is just the real fact. Those clubs have overseen an extravagant spending spree, with no real success coming through, upon the funds they've pulled out for players acquisition. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

To be frank, the list you put here is just the real fact. Those clubs have overseen an extravagant spending spree, with no real success coming through, upon the funds they've pulled out for players acquisition. 

Harry Maguire is my favorite because he cost 80m pounds, is more useless than an actual fridge and he plays for Manchester United (the team I hate the most). In terms of price to performance, he has to be the worse signing in history.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Barcelona

Quite frankly Barcelona is even meant to be at the top of that list, though they signed in some promising players but the money used to activate such transfers were outrageous which is Putting Barcelona right now on the verge of bankruptcy if not bankrupt already.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Quite frankly Barcelona is even meant to be at the top of that list, though they signed in some promising players but the money used to activate such transfers were outrageous which is Putting Barcelona right now on the verge of bankruptcy if not bankrupt already.

The only reason I didn't put Barca at the top is because in terms of price to performance, Man United has gotten a horrible return on most of the players they've purchased in the past decade. Let's not forget, they signed Harry Maguire - a defender with no pace, extremely error-prone and can't even do the basics right for 80m pounds. He's the most expensive defender in the history of football and he's performing at the level of a Championship player in the English Premier League.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

they signed Harry Maguire - a defender with no pace, extremely error-prone and can't even do the basics right for 80m pounds.

Manchester United just doesn't know what kind of players they need to make their squad , they keep signing players that wouldn't impact the club in any way. 

Recall how a lot of Manchester United fans had high hopes for Ronaldo to deliver them, though he is a great player but the squad only became more prone to losing even with Ronaldo, they need more than just signing players they need strategy and game plan which would go a long way to guarantee them some league titles.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Manchester United just doesn't know what kind of players they need to make their squad , they keep signing players that wouldn't impact the club in any way. 

Recall how a lot of Manchester United fans had high hopes for Ronaldo to deliver them, though he is a great player but the squad only became more prone to losing even with Ronaldo, they need more than just signing players they need strategy and game plan which would go a long way to guarantee them some league titles.

Everything you say is facts - the players they've signed, most of them were excellent players for their previous clubs but team strategy is definitely a major factor because the system has to be compatible with the player's strength or said player won't perform very well.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Everything you say is facts - the players they've signed, most of them were excellent players for their previous clubs but team strategy is definitely a major factor because the system has to be compatible with the player's strength or said player won't perform very well.

You can't just bring players who might have been playing for other leagues in their previous clubs and merge them together without any strategy and properly working on right game plan that could suit every players skill set and abilities in the game. 

Disaster is always bound to happen when the players doesn't even understand each other and what specific roles they could actually perform in the team, a striker is still a striker but when his teams mates doesn't understand his pattern then it would be very difficult for that striker to function properly.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:49 AM, killamch89 said:

Harry Maguire is my favorite because he cost 80m pounds, is more useless than an actual fridge and he plays for Manchester United (the team I hate the most). In terms of price to performance, he has to be the worse signing in history.

😂, the player who turns against his own teammates during crucial matches. At this time, I'll agree with you, that Harry Maguire's signing is the worst in history, not just in EPL. The drama he performs in the pitch is totally insane. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

😂, the player who turns against his own teammates during crucial matches. At this time, I'll agree with you, that Harry Maguire's signing is the worst in history, not just in EPL. The drama he performs in the pitch is totally insane. 

Trust me, he's the most entertaining thing about watching Man United. He even headbutted Ronaldo and caught Pogba in the face with his foot.

and

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Trust me, he's the most entertaining thing about watching Man United. He even headbutted Ronaldo and caught Pogba in the face with his foot.

and

Bad positioning as a defender is a problem for this guy, such made him turning against his teammates. I just hope he uses this season to clean up nice, and not the kind of games he played last season. 

On 7/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, Justin11 said:

Bad positioning as a defender is a problem for this guy, such made him turning against his teammates. I just hope he uses this season to clean up nice, and not the kind of games he played last season. 

It's not just bad positioning, poor decision making as well in addition to his lack of pace makes him a terrible defender. He's so poor it's almost unreal - that being said, he does make for some good comedic football videos.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not just bad positioning, poor decision making as well in addition to his lack of pace makes him a terrible defender. He's so poor it's almost unreal - that being said, he does make for some good comedic football videos.

What you said is absolutely true. Maguire is a poor defender, his current coach is just protecting him if you read about 'Ten Hag's recent comment around 'harry maguire. Most of his performances and hilarious shows he put on his teammates was cut into short comic scenes, harry maguire is just disgracing himself. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

What you said is absolutely true. Maguire is a poor defender, his current coach is just protecting him if you read about 'Ten Hag's recent comment around 'harry maguire. Most of his performances and hilarious shows he put on his teammates was cut into short comic scenes, harry maguire is just disgracing himself. 

If I were Ten Hagg, I'd immediately put him up for sale and put it at like $10. I've watched Man United's preseason matches and as soon as he came on against Melbourne, Man United conceded almost immediately from his error...