Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you can’t complete a game because of a bug, what is your next move?

13 hours ago, Shagger said:

You say that, but it's happened before. When the original Dungeon Keeper first launched, it really buggy, especially the AI. About a year later, they came out with Dungeon Keeper Gold that included the Deeper Dungeons Expansion, but it was also heavily patched and fixed a lot of the game's issues, but if you wanted those fixes you had to buy this new version. If you only had the original, tough luck.

And guess who published it. Seriously, whoever you are reading this, take just one guess and I bet that's all you'll need...

1661216223_09.Front.thumb.jpg.801a65943ce37753935d4f6af50110e1.jpg

1519340740_dkclose.thumb.png.65164a700c661e3cc94aa641f18dd966.png

I know, what a shock.

OK, this was before the days of internet patches, so it's unlikely even EA would try to pull this kind of bullshit again if they wanted too, but I'm sure they could have found a way for people to get an updated version of the original without buying the Deeper Dungeons. This was a huge dick move even by thier standards.

Yeah that sucks to have to pay for something like that. Back then they probably could have offered a patch online somehow. Or sent out mailers with a disc to the fixes. I imagine that would have gone over well for them in fixing the errors. But of course, with it being a part of EA, they probably were forced to do it this way instead. Make sense, it's EA. 😞 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

People are forgetting that some patches cost the studios money. At least that's the way it was years ago on the 360 and ps3 days. I remember when konami didn't do a patch for the silent hill hd collection because it would cost them to do it. And konami just let it be and didn't release a patch on the 360 version.

So in a way, that killed it for a lot of gamers, because the problems were never fixed. 

It's just like what would have happened to Cyberpunk 2077 for most gamers if the developers didn't put everything on the line to release series of patches to fix the game. I know a lot guys that stopped playing the game when they kept meeting a dead end in trying to fix the game. Although, it's a little bit more better now than it was when they started. 

If you can’t complete a game because of a bug, what is your next move? my 5 steps in case the bugs don't fix itself

-> reload earlier safe if i have one 

-> turn off console on and off, maybe do hard reset.

-> Start cursing and summing everithing up that is wrong with modern gaming

-> Look solution up on the internet

-> Realise i'm fucked and probably should do something else to cool off

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's just like what would have happened to Cyberpunk 2077 for most gamers if the developers didn't put everything on the line to release series of patches to fix the game. I know a lot guys that stopped playing the game when they kept meeting a dead end in trying to fix the game. Although, it's a little bit more better now than it was when they started. 

Not sure how that fits considering Cyberpunk 2077 did get patches and updates, it just took them a while because there was so many problems. They have mostly fixed the issues by now, but it's still not 100% there, at least from what I see. There's still some room for improvement. 

But, it's far different. With Konami, they literally let the HD collection of Silent Hill games go to waste because they couldn't be bothered to pay Xbox to put up a patch to fix the issues. The PS3 version got a fix, which is why people go for that copy, but the 360 version is considered a dud because no fixed were ever made. And it's considered to be one of the worst HD remakes ever released for that reason. 

8 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

If you can’t complete a game because of a bug, what is your next move? my 5 steps in case the bugs don't fix itself

-> Start cursing and summing everithing up that is wrong with modern gaming

I have done that quite a number of times with some of my games and believe me when I say that it never helps with the game no matter how much I curse 😂.. It's just me pouring out my frustration. Do I feel better after letting all that out? Yeah, I think it does a little bit. 

In the end, getting into doing something else to cool off always seems to be the best option going forward.