Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you wanted to play, and then changed your mind about?

I remember also looking into gaming magazines and picking out games I wanted. So many games, and so many of them I never got to play. Either because I didn't have said console or I just never asked my parents to get them back in the day. 

This is kinda the opposite, but I remember not wanting to play true crime streets of LA, because someone said something dumb about the controls. But I eventually got it and fell in love with the game.

Sleeping Dogs was a spiritual successor to true crimes and I wish they'd make a new game in the series.

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

This is kinda the opposite, but I remember not wanting to play true crime streets of LA, because someone said something dumb about the controls. But I eventually got it and fell in love with the game.

This is exactly one of reasons why I don't base my decision on anything on hearsay. If I don't confirm it myself, I'm never making any decisions on it. I would have missed out on so many good games as well just like that if I had listened to what some people say. Some of them don't even play the games they are saying trash about. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is exactly one of reasons why I don't base my decision on anything on hearsay. If I don't confirm it myself, I'm never making any decisions on it. I would have missed out on so many good games as well just like that if I had listened to what some people say. Some of them don't even play the games they are saying trash about. 

Yeah, you need to really take more than one person's opinion to heart. Because one opinion doesn't sell something. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff Pack is another game I wanted to purchase though I wasn't that big on Simulators but when it was finally released in 2021 I just changed my mind about it and got RIDE 4 instead.

The Sims 4 has so many expansion packs. Sucks that all of them are so pricey though. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, you need to really take more than one person's opinion to heart. Because one opinion doesn't sell something. 

That's very correct and it's even when it comes to making use of game's reviews, I don't depend on one channel's review of any game that I'm looking for updates on. I would make use of at least 3 channels before I come to a conclusion and then decide on what to do. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is cool that way to look out for updates on various channels to avoid making mistake over a video game you saw on advertisement, due to how the promoter demonstrated about the game. 

Once I have the synchronisation in what they have in their reviews contents, it makes it very easy for me to make my decision on the game. If they keep being different holistically, I will keep looking for more insight to the game. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The Sims 4 has so many expansion packs. Sucks that all of them are so pricey though. 

That was exactly among my hesitations which was why I got RIDE 4 instead which doesn't come with a ridiculous Price tag though they were both released around the same time.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's very correct and it's even when it comes to making use of game's reviews, I don't depend on one channel's review of any game that I'm looking for updates on. I would make use of at least 3 channels before I come to a conclusion and then decide on what to do. 

Oh yeah, I use various sources and listen to many people when it comes to the games/movies/tv/music they rate. I take a lot of reviews into consideration before picking up a game, especially if it's a game I know nearly nothing about. I can make my own judgements on games I'm very aware of, but games I don't know, I like to check out a few reviews. Metacritic, as bad as it is, does tell me a lot about games. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

That was exactly among my hesitations which was why I got RIDE 4 instead which doesn't come with a ridiculous Price tag though they were both released around the same time.

It's not like you have to get all the packs. I think they release so many to give users the options to pick what they like and the rest can just peace out. I have not purchased any of the expansion packs, because I never got through the Sims myself. I think I had The Sims 3 on 360, but I may have to get The Sims 4 one of these days to finally get into it. But yeah, won't be buying any packs unless I know for sure I'm invested into the game. And even then I will probably only get 1 or 2 of them. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah, I use various sources and listen to many people when it comes to the games/movies/tv/music they rate. I take a lot of reviews into consideration before picking up a game, especially if it's a game I know nearly nothing about. I can make my own judgements on games I'm very aware of, but games I don't know, I like to check out a few reviews. Metacritic, as bad as it is, does tell me a lot about games. 

It's not like you have to get all the packs. I think they release so many to give users the options to pick what they like and the rest can just peace out. I have not purchased any of the expansion packs, because I never got through the Sims myself. I think I had The Sims 3 on 360, but I may have to get The Sims 4 one of these days to finally get into it. But yeah, won't be buying any packs unless I know for sure I'm invested into the game. And even then I will probably only get 1 or 2 of them. 

I think i might into as well, the sims was a really good break from action adventure game and survival horror games which are basically what I am always playing most of the time.

I might get the sims 4 and just begin from there as well.

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Once I have the synchronisation in what they have in their reviews contents, it makes it very easy for me to make my decision on the game. If they keep being different holistically, I will keep looking for more insight to the game. 

Because you aren't satisfied with the information they offered to you. Same can also happen to me, when the information isn't up to what I want, definitely I'll seek from another source and then compare before taking a final decision either to buy or not. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what's right to do because it's not going to be fair to yourself just to take just anything you come across first hook, line, and sinker at once without verifying more on its authenticity. Unless of course, the person is the kind of gamer who doesn't have anything to worry about throwing away his or her money into trash. 

I didn't actually get into portal 2 though was kinda popular and everyone I know was talking about it at the, I even considered getting it for my PlayStation 3 but changed my mind afterwards.

Puzzle games aren't really my forte.