Register Now
Nebulous

Professional gamers are similar to the athletes?

They are very similar depending on what type of sport and gaming field we are talking about. Some athletes spend thousands of hours practicing; so do some e-sports players.

NASCAR is a "sport" and could easily be played by just good (high mid tier) e-sports people. Baseball requires very little athleticism, but has some of the most pay in sports. Pro-football is not what people think it is, and quite frankly some of those dudes in the pro division are pretty lazy. The best players in pro-football are relatively athletic, but people don't understand how much time a player in football actually spends in REAL time play (it's small, look it up). 

Hockey/Basketball require the most athleticism.

Pro-Esports people could out-golf Tiger Woods on his best day. 

On 8/14/2022 at 12:03 AM, Clasher said:

People die everyday even going to the bathroom could be fatal for some, they were all aware of the risk before they chose their career paths.

And the pay professional athletes get can't even be compared to what professional gamers are paid so they are well compensated for whatever risk they think they might be taking.

E-sports people obviously take less physical risk than physical sports people because video games are not physical sports. However, there's not that much risk in physical sports these days, especially due to how some of them were played in the past.

Basketball players have practically no risk on the court, and I'm not talking about the cases where players just fall over and faceplant out of no where (I know why that's happening but won't discuss it here). Basketball is just one massive cardio triathlon. Players would be tested before entering pro-basketball to see if they have any risks, and if they're told that they dont, then that's all they have to do is run around on the court the whole game and basically fool around with the ball a little bit. Pro basketball people have good cardio and very fast hands/arms -- the latter of which is similar to blockers in pro-football. You can have 350 pounders in football that have extremely fast hands. 

9 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

E-sports people obviously take less physical risk than physical sports people because video games are not physical sports. However, there's not that much risk in physical sports these days, especially due to how some of them were played in the past.

Basketball players have practically no risk on the court, and I'm not talking about the cases where players just fall over and faceplant out of no where (I know why that's happening but won't discuss it here). Basketball is just one massive cardio triathlon. Players would be tested before entering pro-basketball to see if they have any risks, and if they're told that they dont, then that's all they have to do is run around on the court the whole game and basically fool around with the ball a little bit. Pro basketball people have good cardio and very fast hands/arms -- the latter of which is similar to blockers in pro-football. You can have 350 pounders in football that have extremely fast hands. 

That's exactly my point, and you also mentioned that those professional athletes are aware of what they are getting into and so one would be held responsible for whatever injury or harm they encounter on the pitch or court.

Professional e-sports player uses his mind and fingers to control whatever happens in the game and same with pro athletes.

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's exactly my point, and you also mentioned that those professional athletes are aware of what they are getting into and so one would be held responsible for whatever injury or harm they encounter on the pitch or court.

Professional e-sports player uses his mind and fingers to control whatever happens in the game and same with pro athletes.

My point was actually that physical sports people don't really take that much risk in many fields these days. A long time ago in the NFL, they used to have pretty weak protection and the players were along to freaking clothesline people like they do in the WWE. Speaking of WWE: That's where the real risk is at. I know how the WWE works and it's not fake but "pre-determined". They are basically trained to hit other people of equal caliber very hard in safe places. The generally do not strike "opponents" in the WWE for real in the head, face, neck and specific areas of the back but areas like the backside of the shoulder plexus area those guys could care less how hard they hit the other person. And then there is new people that pop up in the WWE who have a much with an established person, and I don't know why it is, but the newer guy will get beat up and manhandled almost as if it were a real fight.

In pro-football, people BESIDES THE BALL CARRIER and PERHAPS the quarterback himself are going to get hit just as much as people in the WWE in 2022.

16 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

They are very similar depending on what type of sport and gaming field we are talking about. Some athletes spend thousands of hours practicing; so do some e-sports players.

NASCAR is a "sport" and could easily be played by just good (high mid tier) e-sports people. Baseball requires very little athleticism, but has some of the most pay in sports. Pro-football is not what people think it is, and quite frankly some of those dudes in the pro division are pretty lazy. The best players in pro-football are relatively athletic, but people don't understand how much time a player in football actually spends in REAL time play (it's small, look it up). 

Hockey/Basketball require the most athleticism.

Pro-Esports people could out-golf Tiger Woods on his best day. 

I have to disagree on most of what you said. Just because both sides may practice/train for thousands of hours, doesn't mean they would be able to play sports as good. The unhealthiest person could practice for thousands of hours in esports, but it wouldn't come close to someone who does so in a sport like football. Lets see what happens when that person is put into a sport he/she has no training in, they'd likely be destroyed. 

Also racing is not as cut and dry as you'd think. It's not like they just sit in a comfy chair and drive for 50-100 laps. NASCAR drivers are professionals who go at speeds most of us couldn't handle. As well, those cars get extremely hot, are uncomfortable and take years of training to get to a point where they can handle the speed. I highly doubt an esports player who's done no racing in his/her life could hop in a professional race car and do as good as a professional. Plus you have to consider how scary it is to go at such high speeds. 

Same with football and other sports. Have you seen a football player in the NFL? Those dudes are huge. It takes years of training and practice to get good in most sports. I'd like to see most esports players try their hand playing a professional sports team. 

16 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

There are tons of injuries in the sports of football, basketball and even baseball to this day. To say there is practically no risk is naive. Especially with football, because there are still players who get a severe injuries and end up having to call it quits because of it. Concussions are still an issue, ACL tears, etc. I don't think any esports players have had to deal with possible life threatening injuries before. Not certainly broken necks, legs, arms, etc. 

And those 350 pounders in football aren't just fat, if anything they're mostly muscle, they aren't the same as a 350 pound person who lives an unhealthy lifestyle. 

I take it you haven't watched much sports. 

45 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

My point was actually that physical sports people don't really take that much risk in many fields these days. A long time ago in the NFL, they used to have pretty weak protection and the players were along to freaking clothesline people like they do in the WWE. Speaking of WWE: That's where the real risk is at. I know how the WWE works and it's not fake but "pre-determined". They are basically trained to hit other people of equal caliber very hard in safe places. The generally do not strike "opponents" in the WWE for real in the head, face, neck and specific areas of the back but areas like the backside of the shoulder plexus area those guys could care less how hard they hit the other person. And then there is new people that pop up in the WWE who have a much with an established person, and I don't know why it is, but the newer guy will get beat up and manhandled almost as if it were a real fight.

In pro-football, people BESIDES THE BALL CARRIER and PERHAPS the quarterback himself are going to get hit just as much as people in the WWE in 2022.

Yes they aren't taking as much of a risk these days, but it's still a risk, and that's why rules have been changed so that less injuries occur, but they still do. Football is still one of the worst sports when it comes to injuries, even though they have made advancements in protection, severe injuries happen often.

Pro wrestling is another thing that esports players wouldn't be able to do without years of training. Just like any other sport, it takes years of practice and training. It's why wrestling companies always say "Don't try this at home". 

Those newer guys in pro wrestling that get manhandled are usually called "Jobbers" as in they are only there so the star wrestler can get an easy win. It helps make that wrestler look stronger than what he is. 

It's not just the ball carrier or the QB who are prone to injury. All players are at risk. 

@Kane99, I may respond to the rest of your post later, but I read just the beginning slice of it and it was already factually incorrect (no offense).

I'm good at video games competitively and actually did BOTH competitive gaming while training very aggressively in physical athleticism; so despite the fact that I've never breached the "World Class" levels of physical athleticism (despite the fact that I've traded with a couple people at said level), I know both sides of the spectrum pretty well. I even study both e-sports and physical sports at a pretty solid level trying to establish common ground between the two fields, and there is indeed alot.

Your comment about the "unhealthiest" type of person being able to train in e-sports for thousands of hours... Well: They can train INCORRECTLY for thousands of hours, or they can WASTE THEIR TIME with all of that alleged "training" and then compete in a tournament to not even break the tournaments top 100. Fact of the matter is that your brain has to be healthy for e-sports, and you can have younger guys that (to be polite) are not in the best of physical shape, but since they are young their brain will still function at an optimal level even with them physically being out of shape.

But you may be surprised to see that alot of e-sports players are pretty skinny or in good shape. Like I said you could "train" as much as you want, but I was really keeping things in context of playing at the highest levels or at least being able to hold your own against them. It is very difficult to compete at high levels in e-sports with all sorts of medical issues that could come with being the "unhealthiest" type of person. To be blunt: E-sports is not going to work out for people that are the "unhealthiest" type because your brain has to be able to operate at high levels and if you're unhealthy, alot of healthier people are going to operate at different levels.

I personally tried to start a unit based on other top players methods, which was to train e-sports players like a UFC fighter in a way that they train like one so they are in peak physical fitness. I don't believe in getting involved in e-sports at the highest levels with an unhealthy body, but I never really said that a Call of Duty professional could jump right into pro-football at the highest levels, for the exact same reasons Lebron James cannot jump straight into the fighting game community at the highest levels and win something like EVO (world's biggest fighting game tournament) or Capcom Cup.

That said: There is virtually a zero percent chance that the great King James himself could enter the Street Fighter V competitive scene at the highest levels and claim an instant world title in something like the World's Capcom Cup. If he tried, he would likely come away from the tournament with a flabbergasted very surprised look on his face not expecting how fast those people operate.

Edited by ForwardSlashDownPoke

12 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

@Kane99, I may respond to the rest of your post later, but I read just the beginning slice of it and it was already factually incorrect (no offense).

How is it factually incorrect? Do you have any sources to share that prove otherwise? And personal experience doesn't count. 

I'm good at video games competitively and actually did BOTH competitive gaming while training very aggressively in physical athleticism; so despite the fact that I've never breached the "World Class" levels of physical athleticism (despite the fact that I've traded with a couple people at said level), I know both sides of the spectrum pretty well. I even study both e-sports and physical sports at a pretty solid level trying to establish common ground between the two fields, and there is indeed alot.

That doesn't prove anything though. Someone could be physically fit and healthy and still suck at a sport, even with training. And what common ground? What does football players have in common with an esports player? Their will to win? 

Your comment about the "unhealthiest" type of person being able to train in e-sports for thousands of hours... Well: They can train INCORRECTLY for thousands of hours, or they can WASTE THEIR TIME with all of that alleged "training" and then compete in a tournament to not even break the tournaments top 100. Fact of the matter is that your brain has to be healthy for e-sports, and you can have younger guys that (to be polite) are not in the best of physical shape, but since they are young their brain will still function at an optimal level even with them physically being out of shape.

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make any sense nor does it prove anything. Just because someone is unhealthy, doesn't mean they will train incorrectly due to it. Sure they may have some problems, but it doesn't mean that they will end up being awful in esports because of their health. Now if they were to play a physical sport like football for example, or lets say basketball for example, they would probably have a lot more issues right away. With esports you mostly need the mental capacity to handle it. It's not comparable. 

But you may be surprised to see that alot of e-sports players are pretty skinny or in good shape. Like I said you could "train" as much as you want, but I was really keeping things in context of playing at the highest levels or at least being able to hold your own against them. It is very difficult to compete at high levels in e-sports with all sorts of medical issues that could come with being the "unhealthiest" type of person. To be blunt: E-sports is not going to work out for people that are the "unhealthiest" type because your brain has to be able to operate at high levels and if you're unhealthy, alot of healthier people are going to operate at different levels.

And  yet being skinny and healthy doesn't equate to being as good as a professional in a sports league either. I could say someone is skinny and eats healthy, but it doesn't mean they can last in football for example. If you put any esports player, who has no training in any other sports, they would likely get destroyed with ease. Like you said, a lot of esports players are skinny. I've seen esports players, they're not very big imposing figures, sure some may be, but the majority of them are quite small compared to a 6'5 lineman playing for the Green Bay Packers. They would be destroyed in a sport like football, especially going up against pros. 

I personally tried to start a unit based on other top players methods, which was to train e-sports players like a UFC fighter in a way that they train like one so they are in peak physical fitness. I don't believe in getting involved in e-sports at the highest levels with an unhealthy body, but I never really said that a Call of Duty professional could jump right into pro-football at the highest levels, for the exact same reasons Lebron James cannot jump straight into the fighting game community at the highest levels and win something like EVO (world's biggest fighting game tournament) or Capcom Cup.

No, but throughout your original post you implied many things about pro sports players as if anyone could do them. And that injuries pretty much don't happen in sports like baseball, basketball and even football, which is by far one of the worst sports when it comes to injuries. That's why I responded, because you claim that esports players could easily make the jump to professional sports, and I don't see that happening unless they've had the same amount of training as pro sports players. It's just highly unrealistic to compare the two. 

For example, like how you said esports players could defeat Tiger Woods with ease in golf. I highly doubt that. Golf isn't this easy sport that everyone could pick up and play. It does take training. That's the point, sports in all facets need training. The same would go for any esports player that wanted to try out football or any other sport. 

That said: There is virtually a zero percent chance that the great King James himself could enter the Street Fighter V competitive scene at the highest levels and claim an instant world title in something like the World's Capcom Cup. If he tried, he would likely come away from the tournament with a flabbergasted very surprised look on his face not expecting how fast those people operate.

Of course not, because he isn't a trained professional in that field. I could say the same for an esports player going up against Lebron James in basketball. Who would you say wins in that situation? Sure Lebron would likely lose an esports tourney, but no esport player would stand a chance playing a game of basketball against Lebron James. That's my point. You claimed that there's not that much risk in physical sports these days, when in fact that's wrong. People are still constantly injured in football, basketball and even baseball. You even claimed that Basketball players have practically no risk on the court as well. Which is not true, injuries happen all the time. I don't know how many articles I've seen announcing injuries. I could probably go on to ESPN right now, and find a few articles of recent injuries. 

Esports is a lot easier for people to get into, because it's a lot more accessible than physical sports. That's just a fact. And you've said it before, because anyone can join a tournament and get started in esports, hell there are even elderly esports teams out there now. Can you see some 67 year old man lacing up his boots and taking a hit from a defensive lineman? I highly doubt it. With esports, you don't need to be fit nor do you need to be skinny. Sure it helps to be healthy, but it doesn't mean that an unhealthy person will lose every tournament they play in. 

@Kane99, that's alot of text (and it's in isolated chunks) so I might have to respond to all of it later. As far as your opinion at the beginning of one of your previous comments being "factually incorrect" -- I already explained where you were wrong in context of my comment, and I gave specific examples. I'm not going to repeat it over and over. Your claim was that the "unhealthiest" type of person can just linger around basically living the most unhealthy lifestyle and 'train for thousands of hours' at e-sports, and I'm guessing that you were alluding to said e-sports player having the potential to be successful afterwards.

That's not true, I've already explained why. To reiterate: It's very simple and has to do with brain function. Yes, experience counts because if you haven't dealt with people who operate at the highest levels in the World, then you don't have an understanding of the timing difference between them and a casual or mid tier guy. Generally speaking you can't play e-sports at a world class level without solid cognitive function, and the health and fitness of a person can have a direct say on how well they operate cognitively. Actually pretty simple to be honest; you're just incorrect on that one it's nothing personal at all.

3 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

@Kane99, that's alot of text (and it's in isolated chunks) so I might have to respond to all of it later. As far as your opinion at the beginning of one of your previous comments being "factually incorrect" -- I already explained where you were wrong in context of my comment, and I gave specific examples. I'm not going to repeat it over and over. Your claim was that the "unhealthiest" type of person can just linger around basically living the most unhealthy lifestyle and 'train for thousands of hours' at e-sports, and I'm guessing that you were alluding to said e-sports player having the potential to be successful afterwards.

That's not true, I've already explained why. To reiterate: It's very simple and has to do with brain function. Yes, experience counts because if you haven't dealt with people who operate at the highest levels in the World, then you don't have an understanding of the timing difference between them and a casual or mid tier guy. Generally speaking you can't play e-sports at a world class level without solid cognitive function, and the health and fitness of a person can have a direct say on how well they operate cognitively. Actually pretty simple to be honest; you're just incorrect on that one it's nothing personal at all.

So again the proper context here is that you're alluding to the idea of someone being extremely unhealthy and being successful in e-sports AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS, which is just not the case. I study physical sports as well, and NFL guys aren't exactly super human. Do you understand how much some of these guys are pampered with political cover, top scientific analysts, nutritionists, wellness coaches, therapists, excellent doctors, cardiologists. You name it. Alot of the people in sports are just large babies; not to say that I don't respect physical sports.

Have you ever noticed how Hollywood actors get into a specific role very quickly and "become" a different character? Well in some cases a Hollywood actor is required to get in really spectacular shape, and you may not be aware of how fast that they do this so I'll give you a number. It's like 6 months in some cases, provided that the person is still a relatively young age like 65 and under.

I don't lift as much currently but went in to the gym just the other day to try some lifting and was able to put up the entire stack of weights on the leg machine which was like 4 plus feet long of weights and 400 plus pounds without working my legs out in like 2 years, and I did so without it being "max" and it was honestly pretty easy. My point is not bragging, but that you could take a person like me who isn't even in spectacular shape and I could get into literal professional wrestling shape in like 6 to 8 months. I'd be more than happy to take someone up on that challenge, by the way. All of those guys have so many elite coaches in sports that a regular person with a great work ethic (latter of which is required) can get into pro level shape like its nothing.

When you're getting into specific timings like how a defender will watch a quarterbacks eyes and cut back from a certain position on the football and get an interception, that's basically the same thing that e-sports players do (fast cognition) minus the athleticism (which we've established can only be something like a 6 month separation). When you get into different levels of a sport or e-sports, minus the cognition levels of people at high levels and then the 6 months it takes to get into pro wrestler shape, all that is left is GAME SPECIFIC SKILL AND TECHNIQUES, such as knowing how to play the position of Defensive Tackle, Safety, Quarterback, Center, etcetera. I just think you're over estimating how good the people in "sports" are because they're representatives (kind of like a lobbyist or attorney) IS PAID TO ADVERTISE THEM and hype them up like gods. People jump into the UFC at an elite level out of literally no where with some pretty limited training. You don't need over a decade of training to be at the highest levels.

What's the difference between the UFC and the NFL in the above regard? The difference is the fact that the NFL is more established than the UFC, and the latter has only but recently got alot of its legal stuff worked out to have fights in certain areas and states under UFC president Dana White. So Dana's people will just let fights get thrown together sometimes and see what happens (which is his right). But the NFL has closed tryouts that are often by invitation only, if they invite anyone at all. They obviously have the "draft" each year which recruits people from the exact same location every single year, which is college football. They don't accept youtube videos as a tryout or people from a foreign nation like the UFC does. So it's a pretty small pool of people already, and just think about to yourself how many of those people selected via the draft even turn out to be good. Alot of the guys in the NFL turn out to actually be pretty mediocre, but are just over paid to do it.

On 8/14/2022 at 8:03 AM, Clasher said:

People die everyday even going to the bathroom could be fatal for some, they were all aware of the risk before they chose their career paths.

And the pay professional athletes get can't even be compared to what professional gamers are paid so they are well compensated for whatever risk they think they might be taking.

Yeah, that's a fact about what they get in return based on the risks they put themselves through everyday being active in each of their professional fields. 

If I'm to pick between being a professional gamer and an athlete, I'm going to have to choose the former because my health and survival is very important. 

As a professional gamer or athlete either as a soccer player or an NBA super star, you don't run any risk being involved in any of them. I am open to anyone as far as I can make a good living from any of them. I love sports I love gaming, so I'll prefer anyone when the opportunity presents itself. 

6 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

You explained your own opinion, not facts. Yes, if you're unhealthy you may have a tougher time with training and all that. But it doesn't mean you can't compete at the highest level. You're going on your own experiences, which doesn't prove anything. It's like when some people claim women are worse drivers than men, that's an opinion from someone based on their own feelings and experiences. It does not mean women are worse drivers than men. Because that can't be proven. 

That's my point. You can't claim something to be true without facts. 

7 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Maybe "Unhealthiest" isn't the right word. Maybe I confused you in thinking unhealthiest means braindead or something? Idk, but let's go with just "unhealthy" instead. Do you think an unhealthy person can't compete at the highest level in esports? Of course health can have an impact on performance, but that doesn't mean they can't compete at a high level, my point was that even an unhealthy person could compete in esports and still succeed, while in physical sports like football, basketball, they would need the physical ability to do it. You can be unhealthy and still live a sustainable life, as well as do good in many things. 

Sure they have less of a chance, but it does not mean they can't end up becoming one of the best esports players around.

So again the proper context here is that you're alluding to the idea of someone being extremely unhealthy and being successful in e-sports AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS, which is just not the case. I study physical sports as well, and NFL guys aren't exactly super human. Do you understand how much some of these guys are pampered with political cover, top scientific analysts, nutritionists, wellness coaches, therapists, excellent doctors, cardiologists. You name it. Alot of the people in sports are just large babies; not to say that I don't respect physical sports.

What I'm alluding to is that they have a much better chance to be good in esports than they would be in physical sports. Because, esports are not even close to physical sports. Sure it's tougher for them to get to the highest level, but it's not impossible and that's what you're implying. If it's impossible, where are your sources to prove that? 

And what does being pampered have to do with anything? It doesn't mean they don't suffer injuries. You implied that sports these days don't deal with this anymore, when that's factually wrong. Look at any sports site right now and you'll see players that are injured. From football, basketball, baseball etc. You implying otherwise is just incorrect. 

Have you ever noticed how Hollywood actors get into a specific role very quickly and "become" a different character? Well in some cases a Hollywood actor is required to get in really spectacular shape, and you may not be aware of how fast that they do this so I'll give you a number. It's like 6 months in some cases, provided that the person is still a relatively young age like 65 and under.

Sure, it's called working out and eating healthy. What's your point? That's not nearly the same as a someone who has played a professional sport their whole life and has trained their whole life as well. 

I don't lift as much currently but went in to the gym just the other day to try some lifting and was able to put up the entire stack of weights on the leg machine which was like 4 plus feet long of weights and 400 plus pounds without working my legs out in like 2 years, and I did so without it being "max" and it was honestly pretty easy. My point is not bragging, but that you could take a person like me who isn't even in spectacular shape and I could get into literal professional wrestling shape in like 6 to 8 months. I'd be more than happy to take someone up on that challenge, by the way. All of those guys have so many elite coaches in sports that a regular person with a great work ethic (latter of which is required) can get into pro level shape like its nothing.

And your point? That doesn't mean you could jump into any sport and be a pro. I could get fit, but it doesn't magically make me good at any sports. You can be buff as hell and still be awful in a sport. 

When you're getting into specific timings like how a defender will watch a quarterbacks eyes and cut back from a certain position on the football and get an interception, that's basically the same thing that e-sports players do (fast cognition) minus the athleticism (which we've established can only be something like a 6 month separation). When you get into different levels of a sport or e-sports, minus the cognition levels of people at high levels and then the 6 months it takes to get into pro wrestler shape, all that is left is GAME SPECIFIC SKILL AND TECHNIQUES, such as knowing how to play the position of Defensive Tackle, Safety, Quarterback, Center, etcetera. I just think you're over estimating how good the people in "sports" are because they're representatives (kind of like a lobbyist or attorney) IS PAID TO ADVERTISE THEM and hype them up like gods. People jump into the UFC at an elite level out of literally no where with some pretty limited training. You don't need over a decade of training to be at the highest levels.

Not nearly the same. Esports players are sitting in one spot, using just their hands, eyes and their heads. That's it. You can't compare a defender in football, who has to cover a field with their WHOLE BODY. To be able to turn on a dime to catch an INT. My point is that an esports player couldn't just jump into any sport and be good at it, which is what you implied. But with esports there is more of a chance that my fat ass could compete, because I have good hand eye coordination. But no chance in hell I'd be able to jump into an NFL game and catch a pass from Aaron Rodgers. 

What's the difference between the UFC and the NFL in the above regard? The difference is the fact that the NFL is more established than the UFC, and the latter has only but recently got alot of its legal stuff worked out to have fights in certain areas and states under UFC president Dana White. So Dana's people will just let fights get thrown together sometimes and see what happens (which is his right). But the NFL has closed tryouts that are often by invitation only, if they invite anyone at all. They obviously have the "draft" each year which recruits people from the exact same location every single year, which is college football. They don't accept youtube videos as a tryout or people from a foreign nation like the UFC does. So it's a pretty small pool of people already, and just think about to yourself how many of those people selected via the draft even turn out to be good. Alot of the guys in the NFL turn out to actually be pretty mediocre, but are just over paid to do it.

What does any of that have to do with what I said? 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

You explained your own opinion, not facts. Yes, if you're unhealthy you may have a tougher time with training and all that. But it doesn't mean you can't compete at the highest level. You're going on your own experiences, which doesn't prove anything. It's like when some people claim women are worse drivers than men, that's an opinion from someone based on their own feelings and experiences. It does not mean women are worse drivers than men. Because that can't be proven. 

That's my point. You can't claim something to be true without facts. 

Maybe "Unhealthiest" isn't the right word. Maybe I confused you in thinking unhealthiest means braindead or something? Idk, but let's go with just "unhealthy" instead. Do you think an unhealthy person can't compete at the highest level in esports? Of course health can have an impact on performance, but that doesn't mean they can't compete at a high level, my point was that even an unhealthy person could compete in esports and still succeed, while in physical sports like football, basketball, they would need the physical ability to do it. You can be unhealthy and still live a sustainable life, as well as do good in many things. 

Sure they have less of a chance, but it does not mean they can't end up becoming one of the best esports players around.

What I'm alluding to is that they have a much better chance to be good in esports than they would be in physical sports. Because, esports are not even close to physical sports. Sure it's tougher for them to get to the highest level, but it's not impossible and that's what you're implying. If it's impossible, where are your sources to prove that? 

And what does being pampered have to do with anything? It doesn't mean they don't suffer injuries. You implied that sports these days don't deal with this anymore, when that's factually wrong. Look at any sports site right now and you'll see players that are injured. From football, basketball, baseball etc. You implying otherwise is just incorrect. 

Sure, it's called working out and eating healthy. What's your point? That's not nearly the same as a someone who has played a professional sport their whole life and has trained their whole life as well. 

And your point? That doesn't mean you could jump into any sport and be a pro. I could get fit, but it doesn't magically make me good at any sports. You can be buff as hell and still be awful in a sport. 

Not nearly the same. Esports players are sitting in one spot, using just their hands, eyes and their heads. That's it. You can't compare a defender in football, who has to cover a field with their WHOLE BODY. To be able to turn on a dime to catch an INT. My point is that an esports player couldn't just jump into any sport and be good at it, which is what you implied. But with esports there is more of a chance that my fat ass could compete, because I have good hand eye coordination. But no chance in hell I'd be able to jump into an NFL game and catch a pass from Aaron Rodgers. 

What does any of that have to do with what I said? 

An "opinion" can be both an opinion and a fact at the same time; such as if I hold the opinion that the Earth is round prior to it being accepted as universal scientific fact by the world and scientific regime.

The fact I've stated above in regards to you having A WRONG OPINION that is patently false by every measurable standard is the way it stands, and no walls of text are going to get me to respond to your incorrect opinion; as it most likely comes from a lack of experience. Not everybody can play e-sports at the highest levels, and no you cannot live the, quote, "unhealthiest" of lifestyles and still be able to play at the highest levels. Your opinion is wrong and I explained why.

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

As a professional gamer or athlete either as a soccer player or an NBA super star, you don't run any risk being involved in any of them. I am open to anyone as far as I can make a good living from any of them. I love sports I love gaming, so I'll prefer anyone when the opportunity presents itself. 

There's always risk in everything that you're involved in especially when it's a job or trade or a profession. There's nothing like there's no risk being into professional gaming or professional athlete. Danger lurks in any of them everyday as long as you take part in it. 

47 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

An "opinion" can be both an opinion and a fact at the same time; such as if I hold the opinion that the Earth is round prior to it being accepted as universal scientific fact by the world and scientific regime.

The fact I've stated above in regards to you having A WRONG OPINION that is patently false by every measurable standard is the way it stands, and no walls of text are going to get me to respond to your incorrect opinion; as it most likely comes from a lack of experience. Not everybody can play e-sports at the highest levels, and no you cannot live the, quote, "unhealthiest" of lifestyles and still be able to play at the highest levels. Your opinion is wrong and I explained why.

Sure, but your opinions aren't factual. They're based on PERSONAL experiences and don't equate to truths. Just because someone is unhealthy (not saying unhealthiest anymore, lets just go with unhealthy in this scenario), does not mean they can't succeed at a high level, or the highest levels in esports. You're basing that on the idea that YOU'VE witnessed most esports players being skinny and or fit. That doesn't prove that all of the best players in esports are fit and skinny, that's just based off of what you experienced as someone in the esports world. Yet, I highly doubt you have played in every esports league or competition in the world, so you can't say you know it to be true. 

As well, I can't take anyone serious when they claim that people who play sports or professional sports, are as safe as people playing esports, because that's just not true. Injuries happen throughout all physical sports. Maybe you'll get carpal tunnel from esports, but that's about it. 

Either way, you clearly didn't get or read my points, so let's agree to disagree. Because this is just going to go back and forth at this point. I don't agree with anything you said, and you don't agree with me. I'm going to end it there.