Register Now
Kane99

PS5 has now outsold the Nintendo Gamecube

On 8/11/2022 at 1:16 AM, Kane99 said:

I don't recall how many sales the PS1 had

I don't recall the exact numbers, but I do know that the PS1 heavily outsold the N64. One of the main reasons was Nintendo's choice of keeping cartridges instead of going with discs. And the N64 was monumental to the point that just about EVERYONE wanted one. For a long while, it was like the PS5. Almost impossible to find one. But very quickly, everyone lost interest in it.

I highly doubt that any console, past present, and future will ever outsell the PS2. The PS5 is selling at an extreme rate, and I'm not surprised that it has outsold the Game Cube. The Game Cube wasn't all that popular. One reason was the controller design. It was wonky, hard to find the correct buttons at times, and just flat out uncomfortable. Their decision to go with mini discs was weird also. I heard that the reason they did that, was because they thought that would stop piracy. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:33 PM, Ajibusu said:

The biggest challenge Playstation 5 had was unavailability after it was released. I am projecting mass sales next year once they are in the market.

No doubt, I still see reddit posts of retail employees being hassled about out of stock consoles.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, Demon_skeith said:

No doubt, I still see reddit posts of retail employees being hassled about out of stock consoles.

Some gamers are just frustrated in all of that and I don't blame them. Sony did a terrible job in not making the game available to majority that are interested. 

On 10/19/2022 at 5:27 AM, Ajibusu said:

Some gamers are just frustrated in all of that and I don't blame them. Sony did a terrible job in not making the game available to majority that are interested. 

I feel sony knows exactly what they are doing and the current scarcity of the PlayStation 5 is a premeditated move by the Sony marketing team.