Register Now
Kane99

Video Game Streaming Sees Significant Drop In Audience Over Last Quarter

5 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

yes but, constant complaining about glitches and how broken the game is gets old day after day. they sit and complain they hate the game. it's one thing to say hey this is glitchy today. i get that. no game is perfect and most of us know that. there's a difference between the occasional comment and constant whining. 

Most of the game reviewers are in for the spotlight to get views, if they don't say amazing things that will attract audiences, they wouldn't record much views from their video reviews of any game. 

15 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

that and the bigger they get the less engaged they become with their followers. especially the ones that have been with them from the beginning.

Exactly!! It's where I keep asking wherever happened to their loyalty? Without their early followers when they are still starting up, they wouldn't get to the supposed levels they are now. 

In the end, it's all about how selfish they all become for their gains only. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Most of the game reviewers are in for the spotlight to get views, if they don't say amazing things that will attract audiences, they wouldn't record much views from their video reviews of any game. 

you're talking about game reviewers. i'm talking about streamers who play these games every day in the hope of getting pd. to sit there and play video games all day so they don't have to work outside the home. they're well past the review stage. some can chill and play and have a good time and a great stream. others are big babies when the struggle gets to be too much. every time they chant i hate this game they are bringing down any reviews or possible sales with all that grumping if you wanna get technical about it. many times they start losing supporters/followers because of it.

This topic's going around in circles although the answers so far have been good. Unless we've got something new to add, such as additional factors in why streaming is losing interest, there's no need to continue this conversation. Thank you for your contributions so far.

An article on GameRant gave a few more insights as to what these declines have been happening. As for Twitch, it was said that 5 of their streamers have switched to YouTube gaming and even Twitch's new payment structure which would see them earn less is another big factor causing the fall. 

https://gamerant.com/twitch-streaming-platforms-decline-growth-2022/