Register Now
Kane99

Games with unnecessary cutscenes

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's fair. But there are some games where I can play just for the gameplay itself, while the story isn't all that appealing. I think I had that feeling with the two Prototype games, same with the Just Cause games. I just liked playing them for the most part and the story I often skipped. 

If the game at least has good gameplay and is fun to play, I don't necessarily even need a story. 

Just Cause is kinda the exception rather than the rule - it's just a game made to see how much destruction you can cause in one go.

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That's fair. But there are some games where I can play just for the gameplay itself, while the story isn't all that appealing. I think I had that feeling with the two Prototype games, same with the Just Cause games. I just liked playing them for the most part and the story I often skipped. 

If the game at least has good gameplay and is fun to play, I don't necessarily even need a story. 

Most games I play for a longer period weren't story based video games like Forza horizon, motoGp and FIFA.

Just as you said if the game play is good I would still enjoy playing even without a definite story.

On 11/15/2022 at 11:11 PM, Kane99 said:

First gameplay I would not do that, but if you played the game more then once then I would skip it. Playing to get the story and achievements done as I would now what the story is about

On 11/17/2022 at 1:39 PM, Empire said:

First gameplay I would not do that, but if you played the game more then once then I would skip it. Playing to get the story and achievements done as I would now what the story is about

For the first game play I don't even skip anything including the dialogue that always happens in certain games at the beginning which is meant to give you a hint of what to expect but if I am coming back to play for the second time I just skip those parts.