Register Now
NightmareFarm

Gaming has gotten better this decade imo

I feel it's a bit too soon to say, since we're only 2 years into this decade and if anything I feel like it's one of the worst starts to a generation yet. With how tough it is to still get a PS5, and series X, plus with how some games come out broken messes, or loot boxes/microtransactions. 

I feel like gaming is more accessible, and more mainstream than ever though, and I am happy that there are still a lot coming out. But I worry that this decade is going to focus on NFTs in gaming, and more ways for people to spend money in game. 

I think 2010 was the last time gaming was at its best, just free from the problems we have today with loot boxes and so on. But, anything can happen from now until 2029. Maybe it has potential to be the best decade. But I don't see that being the case right now. 

idk. the graphics are nice in most of the games. some of the switch games not so much. my issue is the fact that so many of the games are so violent and it's all shooters and sword play. not all of us like that kind of thing. but they seem to be stuck in a rut. shooters, sword play, beat em ups, zombies and farming. and now they're doing all these horror games. they need to make more games that are more pleasant and less violent. and i wish they'd think of some new stuff. just because one company makes fall guys doesn't mean they ALL need to make similar versions. it would be nice to see more variety. yes gaming has gotten better. just a little less creative and more of a cash cow.

47 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

idk. the graphics are nice in most of the games. some of the switch games not so much. my issue is the fact that so many of the games are so violent and it's all shooters and sword play. not all of us like that kind of thing. but they seem to be stuck in a rut. shooters, sword play, beat em ups, zombies and farming. and now they're doing all these horror games. they need to make more games that are more pleasant and less violent. and i wish they'd think of some new stuff. just because one company makes fall guys doesn't mean they ALL need to make similar versions. it would be nice to see more variety. yes gaming has gotten better. just a little less creative and more of a cash cow.

Most of these video games companies have given up on being creative and unique when it comes to their games development. It's mostly copies and improved graphics that they are very good at now. Only in game's aesthetics is where they have worked on extensively with finding several ways to cash in on the games whether it's worth it or not. 

It's actually a fact that with each new era of video games there is a dominant style, pattern or trend that would be accompanied with , they could transcend into other eras but it would be a dominant as it was.

Currently, video games are trying to incorporate everything which includes a top notch graphics, good Gameplay , performance and story alike which makes this era of video games stand out more from others.