Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Assassin's Creed 3 and Tyranny of King Washington DLC

I was really surprised by this game. After the top 3 Assassin's Creed games, Odyssey, Origins, and Valhalla, I think AC3 comes as next best. I've played most of the AC series and AC3 is the most story oriented game out of the series. AC3 actually is probably the most important game because of how it defines the animus storyline. Playing as a Native American was just awesome. I took a lot of things to heart in this game because it takes place during the Revolutionary War and independence between New England USA and England. As Americans we always see that war as a great revolution against tyranny. The thing about AC games is it's important history. And they mix history into the game's philosophy. Meaning, it changed my perspective of the war. It basically was a civil war because it was English against English. Of course Natives and the French got involved. But I'll get to that later. And the Tyranny of King Washington DLC touches up on that part. To summarize the war and politics of it, I will reveal a spoiler.

SPOILER ALERT!!! Skip paragraph. At the end of AC 3 when independence was won (I guess this isn't a spoiler) LOL... at the end the English were leaving on their boats (as in real life) and the crowd on the docks cheered for their freedom. Meanwhile, slaves were up for auction.......................

So what independence? Slaves didn't get their independence till 100 years later. The new constitution didn't even include them. This game gave me a whole different perspective and I actually learned a huge important piece of history from the game, because I just never thought of that. Or maybe pushed it in the back of my mind. Things like this is what I love so much about the Assassin's Creed series. And the characters talk about this stuff in game. In the animus storyline, present day, you walk up to your counterparts and talk to them and you get a bit of wisdom. A bit of dialogue. 

I'll discuss the DLC soon...my fuse ran out. 

As this is about a specific game, I'm moving the thread to the video games sub-forum.

I haven't played AC3, so there's only so much I can say, but the series as a whole I feel has always represented the history it's parallel to quite well. Obviously the games have thier own indigenous flair and the actual stories are fictional, but that doesn't take away from how the can reflect the history and show it in an impartial and accurate manner. Talking about what you said on the war of independence, I think at least most of America these days is ready to be held accountable for the mistakes of the past, but it would still be a brave decision for a game company in the early 2010's to go there and call it like was. So that is something to respect from Ubisoft, one of the very things mind you.

7 minutes ago, Shagger said:

As this is about a specific game, I'm moving the thread to the video games sub-forum.

I haven't played AC3, so there's only so much I can say, but the series as a whole I feel has always represented the history it's parallel to quite well. Obviously the games have thier own indigenous flair and the actual stories are fictional, but that doesn't take away from how the can reflect the history and show it in an impartial and accurate manner. Talking about what you said on the war of independence, I think at least most of America these days is ready to be held accountable for the mistakes of the past, but it would still be a brave decision for a game company in the early 2010's to go there and call it like was. So that is something to respect from Ubisoft, one of the very things mind you.

Oh, the developers definitely treated the game and event of time very impartial. It kind of shocked me at first and I thought maybe they were being biased or something. But I listened more and more, learned more and more. When characters pop up and storyline missions happen, a summary is written describing the events and characters. And I have the handy internet for more information as I seem to use now while playing AC games. But things all came together and I feel like the war wasn't so extravagant as Americans claim it is. It's important to make sure you are represented through taxes and voting obviously, but do it for all or else it's really meaningless. Our constitution is great and highly intelligent. But had to be revised to include all which is a big hypocritical eye roll for me. 

10 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The thing about AC games is it's important history. And they mix history into the game's philosophy. Meaning, it changed my perspective of the war. It basically was a civil war because it was English against English. Of course Natives and the French got involved. But I'll get to that later. And the Tyranny of King Washington DLC touches up on that part. To summarize the war and politics of it, I will reveal a spoiler.

There is always the historical accuracy in AC games which is why I just like to explore the world around and see what the developers could recreate from ancient cities and civilization.

I played Valhalla  and Odyssey and they were truly a masterpiece, you thread has sparked my interest and I would love to get into any of the AC3 Games soon

Edited by Justin11

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

There is always the historical accuracy in AC games which is why I just like to explore the world around and see what the developers could recreate from ancient cities and civilization.

I played Valhalla  and Odyssey and they were truly a masterpiece, you thread has sparked my interest and I would love to get into any of the AC3 Games soon

AC3 has a really important storyline for the whole Assassin's Creed series and it's a must play. The fighting mechanics was pretty fun too. Make sure if you play it, play the remastered version. 

The Tyranny of King Washington DLC was just crazy. A person who Americans have the greatest respects for, who was a leader in the Revolutionary War, and our first president, and to be seen as a tyrant is shocking for an American. Ubisoft really gave us a what if scenario that bent patriotism backwards on its head. But, something I didn't know which the game touches up on is how in real life Washington became known as the 'town destroyer' or 'destroyer of villages' because he went around and basically destroyed towns of Native Americans. In the DLC, he gets a hold of an apple of eden and becomes a full tyrant hell bent on destroying everybody who doesn't bow to him as king. And other founding father patriots were under his control like Ben Franklin and others who became villains. That was a crazy situation to see. Imagine everything you thought you know, played out in a dystopian nightmare who are supposed to be the greatest symbols of freedom and patriotism. That DLC is a must play LOLOLOL

This should be a pretty interesting DLC, since it shows Washington's good side, in a way, by contrasting what historically occurred with what could have easily happened. The colonies were a juvenile bunch at best and he could have easily become corrupted. Plus, am I the only one who freaking LOVES Connor's clothes in this DLC?! THAT is what I expected when I first heard the assassin would be Native American.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

This should be a pretty interesting DLC, since it shows Washington's good side, in a way, by contrasting what historically occurred with what could have easily happened. The colonies were a juvenile bunch at best and he could have easily become corrupted. Plus, am I the only one who freaking LOVES Connor's clothes in this DLC?! THAT is what I expected when I first heard the assassin would be Native American.

It was awesome playing as a Native American wearing the Animal Spirit outfit. Even the default Assassin outfit for him looked good. My favorite weapon was the tomahawk with the Animal Spirt gear. This first video shows fighting rampage while he's in the Native gear. The fighting mechanics of the game are bad ass. It's worth watching the whole video. The second video here is in the DLC. You get new animal powers abilities which is shown in the video. I think all AC games should have these new abilities. One ability you turn into a ghost eagle and you can fly from rooftop to rooftop. Another is an invisibility ghost mode which was real fun to use and just creep up on people. Another is you call a pack of wolf ghosts who attack your enemies. Then there is the bear ghost which destroys everyone around you. You can see them in 2nd video. 

Now listen to the above song without the video. Tell me you don't grow a patriot in your heart. Fucking tomahawk. Legalize scalping mother fuckers. Tomahawk; run through the field for freedom. Protect your land. Who taught the British to fight? Natives. Who taught the patriots to fight? Natives. Guns won. Powder over blades. Ride them horses and dodge them bullets while you throw you tomahawk. Leap off your horse, if you managed to steal one from the colonizers; fucking scalp the mother fuckers. My tomahawk is my gun. I will bear arms with my tomahawk. You come and get me. I will ride through a field of bullets because I believe in up close strength. But you mother fuckers don't. I will jump over a line of red coats and do my special attack. Then I will scalp you while your compadres watch. You fucking took my land. I have all the right to kill you. To scalp you. That is my mission. I will get you.

The war is never finished as long Tomahawks are still legal. The unamendment right. 

On 10/31/2022 at 7:19 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It was awesome playing as a Native American wearing the Animal Spirit outfit. Even the default Assassin outfit for him looked good. My favorite weapon was the tomahawk with the Animal Spirt gear. This first video shows fighting rampage while he's in the Native gear. The fighting mechanics of the game are bad ass. It's worth watching the whole video. The second video here is in the DLC. You get new animal powers abilities which is shown in the video. I think all AC games should have these new abilities. One ability you turn into a ghost eagle and you can fly from rooftop to rooftop. Another is an invisibility ghost mode which was real fun to use and just creep up on people. Another is you call a pack of wolf ghosts who attack your enemies. Then there is the bear ghost which destroys everyone around you. You can see them in 2nd video. 

Honestly, the original looked a little bit better than this. I've watched a playthrough of the orginal then this and I can definitely say that while this has better graphics, quality, lighting, shadows and all that crap, the original was, well OG. The original gave a vibe that kept saying "this is assassin's creed 3, this is assassin's creed 3". It sort of presented a really good idea of how and what AC should be. The dirty graphics and all. It presented a real feeling. The remastered however, was too polished. It focused more on the great visual quality of the game rather than reality. Textures were almost too smooth, the powers of both Connor and King Washington's effects were kind of damped and simplified, not really making it look like all that powerful. It's just, it's too fake.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Honestly, the original looked a little bit better than this. I've watched a playthrough of the orginal then this and I can definitely say that while this has better graphics, quality, lighting, shadows and all that crap, the original was, well OG. The original gave a vibe that kept saying "this is assassin's creed 3, this is assassin's creed 3". It sort of presented a really good idea of how and what AC should be. The dirty graphics and all. It presented a real feeling. The remastered however, was too polished. It focused more on the great visual quality of the game rather than reality. Textures were almost too smooth, the powers of both Connor and King Washington's effects were kind of damped and simplified, not really making it look like all that powerful. It's just, it's too fake.

Can’t say I agree. I thought it looked amazing and once you go out into the frontier areas with the forest and all maybe you would see a better comparison there. Besides the graphical comparison, the game itself I thought a lot of effort was put into it regardless of the remastered or original. And I don’t see how it’s not more popular than it is. The main story, the animus story, the dramatic ending, it all really brought some emotions that not many of the other games in the series has done. I mean, even certain battles at times they caught the emotion of characters. Even at one point Conner told Washington to basically fuck off. And it’s like, wow, no he just didn’t lol. The story had a roller coaster of emotions. Getting caught in the middle of a war, trying to take down templars, trying to protect his own people, the struggle with his father who actually is the son of Kenway in AC4. Then Desmond’s story and the relationship with his father. The creepy ISU Juno. 2012. It really was a big game. One of my favorites of the series. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:57 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

AC3 has a really important storyline for the whole Assassin's Creed series and it's a must play. The fighting mechanics was pretty fun too. Make sure if you play it, play the remastered version. 

I have watched a few Game play videos on AC3 remastered and I must say the graphics is really amazing , I hope I get a good deal for this video game on steam.

I noticed the original AC 3 is no longer available on steam , what might be the reason why they took it off.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:21 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Music video

This is now one of my favorite songs. Favorite game and song with memories of experience playing AC3. You people think the world is gravy but the only gravy is my tomahawk after kicking your feet and slamming my hatchet into your head. On your knees, like the fake man you are. Scalp.Come with your guns. We are still alive. Fight yourselves. Civil war. English war. Scalp you both. Still alive. So are you and look at you. Fight yourselves again. Who is the next patriot? My tomahawk. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

This is now one of my favorite songs. Favorite game and song with memories of experience playing AC3. You people think the world is gravy but the only gravy is my tomahawk after kicking your feet and slamming my hatchet into your head. On your knees, like the fake man you are. Scalp.Come with your guns. We are still alive. Fight yourselves. Civil war. English war. Scalp you both. Still alive. So are you and look at you. Fight yourselves again. Who is the next patriot? My tomahawk. 

It sounds really good though and I like how the developers pay attention to every single detail of the game down to its soundtrack.