Register Now
Kane99

What's next for the Batman universe after Gotham Knights?

The new Gotham Knights dropped and I hear it's not that good. Many commented the combat wasn't great and felt like a chore. I have yet to play it to put my opinion out there, but I'm not sure I want to bother with it. Maybe I'll pick it up as it goes on sale, but for now I'll pass on it. Anyway, where does this leave the future of Batman? I know the Suicide Squad game is coming out soon, and I hear that connects more with the Arkham series than Gotham Knights does. I really hope Suicide Squad turns out to be good though. 

What could be next for Batman? Will we see a spinoff with Robin in his own game? Maybe Batgirl or Batwoman. I think there's a Superman game coming from Rocksteady too, so that's something to look forward to, even though I'm not too big on Superman. 

Discuss what you think is next for Batman, and the universe as a whole. 

I have noticed a trend in video games that after a couple of release there's always one sequel or release that wouldn't live up to expectations.

This happens and then the developers would begin working on something that would outperform the current release, hopefully the plan works and fans are satisfied or the game doesn't come out good and the series is completely buried and loses its relevant in the video game Industry.

As we said in a related post, Gotham Knights was going to be trash and here we are again. How do you even have a Gotham game without Batman? Who's the idiot that thought it was a genius idea? I understand exploring other characters but not have him in the game even as a DLC character is criminal injustice. Secondly, why didn't they use the fighting mechanics of the Arkham series instead of the clunky crap in Gotham Knights. On another note, I'm not even sure what they could come out with - A Joker game maybe where you go up against Batman?

I don't know. In real life, a lot of people believe Batman is alive in this game, and I would think the Justice League knows Bats well enough to know that he could easily fake his death (if he hasn't already). I can definitely see a line of dialogue from Hal or Barry saying "Alright so who would like to place their bets!" I want a new Batman game, but unless it’s Batman Beyond, I hope they leave the Arkhamverse alone. I’d rather see a new story for the character that’s not forced to follow a previously established canon.

16 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't know. In real life, a lot of people believe Batman is alive in this game, and I would think the Justice League knows Bats well enough to know that he could easily fake his death (if he hasn't already). I can definitely see a line of dialogue from Hal or Barry saying "Alright so who would like to place their bets!" I want a new Batman game, but unless it’s Batman Beyond, I hope they leave the Arkhamverse alone. I’d rather see a new story for the character that’s not forced to follow a previously established canon.

You made a good point here, arkhamverse should be left alone and if they hope to develop another game they should work on bringing a different story and shouldn't be a continuation of any of the previous games.