Register Now
Moonface

Nibel Has Moved on From Gaming Coverage

Title might not describe the situation too well but I couldn't think of a better one.

Anyway, notable games coverage Twitter user Nibel has announced this morning they are moving on from games coverage, and will no longer be running their Twitter account. They also closed down their Patreon account too. The reasoning was mostly that attempts to make the work they did financially viable didn't work out, and so they've made the choice to move on to other ventures. I would link to the Tweet announcement but the account is protected from non-followers and so it doesn't provide a share link.

As for my thoughts, it's understandable they would do this, although it sucks because they were easily one of the best accounts on Twitter for gaming coverage. I'd be surprised if anyone here doesn't know who they are in all honesty.

26 minutes ago, Empire said:

Big shame to see them go but wish them well nonetheless. It does come at an odd time tho with the timing of Twitter planning to enforce paid checkmarks. Didn't they also open up a patreon recently?

The first post on their Patreon is September 30, so it hasn't even been around for a month. I thought they'd had it longer honestly. This is what they posted on Patreon about how that wasn't working out: https://postimg.cc/XrsXqfBq

I can't say I've actually heard of this person to begin with, but it sucks that they are stopping their coverage on video games. Is it because people weren't tuning into his gaming content and so he decided to just scrap it? I figure it being financially viable was the key thing. If it wasn't providing any value, I can understand dropping it. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can't say I've actually heard of this person to begin with, but it sucks that they are stopping their coverage on video games. Is it because people weren't tuning into his gaming content and so he decided to just scrap it? I figure it being financially viable was the key thing. If it wasn't providing any value, I can understand dropping it. 

They didn't make content really. To sum it up, they were exclusively a Twitter account that aggregated pretty much any and all gaming news the instant it broke. Like, he would have screenshots of games from live streams in high quality posted to Twitter before the trailer would even be over levels of instant. He was incredibly popular at times like E3 where a ton of stuff is being announced all over the place, as he would have all that info tweeted out as soon as it broke so it was a very efficient way to know everything going on, more so than using actual gaming sites like IGN or even official company channels. Keeping on top of all of that to that level was probably a lot of work, and for whatever reason they no longer feel it's worthwhile putting the time into that. Dude practically ran that Twitter page like it was their full time job with how fast they would share news, especially whenever it was happening live.

Their reasons for moving on is is strong enough and since the haven't been able to get enough financial rewards for the amount of work they put out to get those authentic information twitted to their loyal followers on time.

Well, I wish them success in all of their other endeavors.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:29 PM, Kane99 said:

Same here - I've never really heard of Nibel before but then again, I'm hardly on Twitter so I'm not that familiar with most of the popular users on that platform.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:09 AM, killamch89 said:

Same here - I've never really heard of Nibel before but then again, I'm hardly on Twitter so I'm not that familiar with most of the popular users on that platform.

Twitter just isn't the space for me, I have an account already but I am rarely using it.