Register Now
Smokey

Would you like to see a dedicated Xbox Portable?

Would you like to see a dedicated Xbox Portable console?  Something along the lines of the PS Vita but made by Microsoft? do you think there is a place in the market for such a thing? a "Series P" if you will?  Would you buy it? What would be your 'sweet spot' for a price?

Me? I'd buy one for sure, I think $250 would be good but i wouldn't spend more than $300 for it personally. I think Microsoft would really be able to push their cloud/mobile gaming with a device like this......

I would love to see Xbox release a portable console if I am honest and it's been something I have longed to see them release and as of yet, they haven't. I think this is the only thing they have not gone for in terms of Microsoft and Xbox and now with the Cloud and the ability to game anywhere even with a phone and a tablet, it does make me wonder if they will ever consider a portable console or they will just not bother due to the cloud option. I will still keep my hopes up though for a portable console from them as you never know with Microsoft and Xbox.

With the inclusion of game pass and cloud gaming. Xbox could easily jump in with a handheld of their own. But I don't think they will. The reason I don't think they will is because of the xcloud. You could instead get a smartphone a controller connection for said ohooe and then play some Xbox games right there. I don't think they feel they need to get into it. 

But, they could easily do it if they wanted to. And it may be more of a reality with the success of the switch and the steam deck. Could push them into making one of their own.

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

With the inclusion of game pass and cloud gaming. Xbox could easily jump in with a handheld of their own. But I don't think they will. The reason I don't think they will is because of the xcloud. You could instead get a smartphone a controller connection for said ohooe and then play some Xbox games right there. I don't think they feel they need to get into it. 

But, they could easily do it if they wanted to. And it may be more of a reality with the success of the switch and the steam deck. Could push them into making one of their own.

Oh, for sure if they were to include game pass and cloud gaming in with a handheld console it would definitely be a huge success. Everyone knows that gaming is a very expensive hobby, but Xbox make it so that it's more affordable for all with their Game Pass service. This paired with a handheld console would be absolutely amazing and a huge hit for those who want to see them release a handheld. Being that Xbox has never released a handheld before as well, the hype to get one and see how it is as well would be immense. They have so much gone for them that would be a success to release one, but I can understand why they may not with the ability to use phones and controllers with phones now. 

On 1/13/2023 at 12:12 PM, Empire said:

Closest thing you'll get to a portable Xbox is the Steam Deck since Xbox games tend to come to Steam plus the controller looks quite similar to an Xbox controller.

This is true and with that being the case and it being as close as it is to being a portable Xbox and even with the controller being so similar, that could be the reason Xbox haven't decided to jump on the wants of a portable console. Steam deck being affordable as well, it could be that Xbox wouldn't be able to compete with the price as well. It may be something a lot of us want to see but if it's not viable in the eyes of Xbox and Microsoft we probably will not see anything. 

I think this would be interesting but idk if it would really sell. To me, Xbox is about putting games on everything, so people have accessibility to games. I think a handheld doesn't necessarily create accessibility because you have to buy the device and then Gamepass.

I think it's way more likely (and something they should be focusing on) is improving xcloud. There's rumors of a possible Gamepass dongle to plug into your TV. Mix that with the ability of Gamepass on a phone/tablet, then why have a portable?

9 hours ago, Empire said:

I think this would be interesting but idk if it would really sell. To me, Xbox is about putting games on everything, so people have accessibility to games. I think a handheld doesn't necessarily create accessibility because you have to buy the device and then Gamepass.

I think it's way more likely (and something they should be focusing on) is improving xcloud. There's rumors of a possible Gamepass dongle to plug into your TV. Mix that with the ability of Gamepass on a phone/tablet, then why have a portable?

That's the first time I heard about a dongle that plugs into your PC but I can see how that would work. We already have these kinds of things from Amazon and Roku with their Firestick and Roku has their own version of that as well so it would definitely work to put games on your TV to make it more easily accessible for all. Improving the cloud definitely seems like the better option and then seriously getting onto making it more available for all. 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, Shortie said:

Oh, for sure if they were to include game pass and cloud gaming in with a handheld console it would definitely be a huge success. Everyone knows that gaming is a very expensive hobby, but Xbox make it so that it's more affordable for all with their Game Pass service. This paired with a handheld console would be absolutely amazing and a huge hit for those who want to see them release a handheld. Being that Xbox has never released a handheld before as well, the hype to get one and see how it is as well would be immense. They have so much gone for them that would be a success to release one, but I can understand why they may not with the ability to use phones and controllers with phones now. 

It would be easy for them to do too. All they need is good enough hardware to match the Steamdeck and they can have a handheld console that has so much to offer with gamepass. Plus if they include streaming, it will be another bonus on top of it. I'm sure it could easily be done and would sell like crazy.