Register Now
Smokey

Is RGB important?

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Mine does too but I change it in the settings so it's kind of a non-factor for me. Here's another example - an RGB Spotlight for sale on Amazon? It's bad enough having a 70's disco inside with all that RGB. How's it even going to help you outside!

"Currently unavailable"... probably for the best, TBH!

3 hours ago, Kyng said:

"Currently unavailable"... probably for the best, TBH!

I can't believe they're sold out  - I can understand maybe for a pool party but that's a one off occasion. What other purpose does it really serve outside?

I certainly used to think so. I had an RGB strip inside my PC case, one on the back of my desk, as well as a full RGB keyboard and mouse. I'm now pretty much officially past that phase. My mouse has no lights, my keyboard just has a white backlight, I just have a normal desk lamp, and the stip inside my case has been disconnected. 

I still think RGB can look pretty sick in certain setups, but I personally prefer a more clean look nowadays. 

On 5/4/2023 at 4:41 PM, Anders said:

I certainly used to think so. I had an RGB strip inside my PC case, one on the back of my desk, as well as a full RGB keyboard and mouse. I'm now pretty much officially past that phase. My mouse has no lights, my keyboard just has a white backlight, I just have a normal desk lamp, and the stip inside my case has been disconnected. 

I still think RGB can look pretty sick in certain setups, but I personally prefer a more clean look nowadays. 

Same here - a modest amount can definitely boost the aesthetics of a setup. The problem is that a good amount of people go overboard with it and buy unnecessary items that have RGB for some reason.

I love the RGB. I wouldn't say it is necessary, but if I like the way it looks better I'm more likely to get that. I have RGB keyboard, mat, and of course in the actual PC case itself. My fans have RGB as well as a few other pieces. I enjoy the colorful ness.