Register Now
Smokey

Streets of Rage (Series)

Who else loves the Streets of Rage games? I grew up playing the original trilogy on my Sega Genesis, and much like the Final Fight games, i sunk hours into these titles. My favorite is easily the 2nd game, which is arguably the best in the series.  The 3rd game was kinda weak and it took them almost 30 years to give us a follow up with 2020's Streets of Rage 4.  SOR4 was done by a development team with Sega's help/blessing and as dedicated fans of the original series, they did Sega proud. Using cell-shaded graphics for this 4th entry was a bit of a weird change but it grew on me.  I love these games and I hope to show my own kids these titles someday when I have them. 🙂

I remember Streets of Rage very well; it was an amazing game and was a game I played myself quite a bit with friends. I believe you can now get it on Xbox I think with Game Pass it was with at one point unless I am mistaken as I went back to it a little while back and it brought back a lot of memories when I played it again. If I had more time, I probably would play it a lot more like I used to when I was a kid but unfortunately, adulting is a thing.

I never really got into the series, in fact my only issue with 4 was that only cherry could run and there wasn’t any rolling mechanic implemented in it but it does make for a great challenge ima say 4 for now because once I actually start SOR remake I’ll live stream it.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:42 PM, Shortie said:

I remember Streets of Rage very well; it was an amazing game and was a game I played myself quite a bit with friends. I believe you can now get it on Xbox I think with Game Pass it was with at one point unless I am mistaken as I went back to it a little while back and it brought back a lot of memories when I played it again. If I had more time, I probably would play it a lot more like I used to when I was a kid but unfortunately, adulting is a thing.

Yeah they had the games on the 360 for awhile. The 4th one was also on game pass for a bit. It's no longer on game pass, which reminds me I should probably purchase it so I can play it again 😛