Register Now
Smokey

Specialized controllers or gear?

Do you own any custom or specialized controllers? Like a Scuf? Elite? or Pro controller? or perhaps just one customized with your gamertag on it?

For me, I own an Xbox Elite 2 controller. I would like to get a custom one though for both myself and my girlfriend, but they're a bit pricey. It might be an anniversary gift in the future though 😄 

Do you have any customized controllers or gear?

I do not have any customized controllers or gear at the moment but I have in the past looked into the Elite 2 controller and also creating my own unique controller through the Xbox Store but the prices at the moment for those are way too much for me to pay under the circumstances. If anything was to change and I was to ever have enough money to get one of these controllers I would jump on it for sure. 

It honestly depends on what you are playing. Controllers with the playstation layout (8birdo pro 2) work great for retro gaming / 2d side scrollers and have programmable buttons on the back. For 3rd person games, I've always felt the Xbox controller was a better layout (personal preference). If you do go the Xbox controller route, make sure to get the newer controller that has Bluetooth support. Older controllers did not have this and required a USB adapter

If you are playing FPS, stick to mouse and keyboard