Register Now
Smokey

PS2 games you'd like to see remastered or remade?

Which PS2 titles do you think need a remake or remaster? Personally, I'd love to see the  likes of ObsCure get a remaster or a modern day remake. It was a fun survival horror game that came out around the same time as Resident Evil 4 and it was completely overshadowed by it. The original developers closed their doors though after the release of the sequel, I don't know if we'll ever get these properly 'remastered' but a bit updated versions of both ObsCure and ObsCure: The Aftermath are available on Steam. I would definitely recommend checking them out.

I'd also like to see Simpsons Hit and Run,  A fun game from the PS2/Gamecube/OG Xbox era that I had on PS2 growing up. I would love to see a remaster of this. Road Rage too, that was fun but not as good as hit and run IMHO.

Another PS2 game a lot of people probably don't remember that I liked a lot was a game called The Bouncer. It was a beat-em-up in the same vein as Streets of Rage, but in 3D, so it played more like a pretty suped up Fighting Force from the PS1. I would love to see a remaster or remake of this game.  It was also published by Squaresoft before they merged w/ Enix. So that's cool!

Although it's not exclusive to PS2, I'd love to see a remake of SSX Tricky or SSX 3. Those games were super fun. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to make another one with that style because although I hate microtransactions, I think that game would make a lot of money for them with microtransactions for things like customizing outfits, celebrations, and other cosmetic things. Once again, I'd hate to see it be remade and be nothing but a cash grab, but done right it could be awesome while still making them a lot of money.

Yes the SSX tricky and SSX 3 would be awesome to see rebooted or remastered. 

As for my picks, I would like to see WWE Smackdown - Here Comes The Pain. Hands down one of the best pro wrestling games around. I would also like to see a remaster/remake of most of the Metal Gear Solid games, Simpsons games, Silent Hill 2 (happening), and lots more I'm sure. 

On 12/16/2022 at 4:04 AM, Smokey said:

Which PS2 titles do you think need a remake or remaster? Personally, I'd love to see the  likes of ObsCure get a remaster or a modern day remake. It was a fun survival horror game that came out around the same time as Resident Evil 4 and it was completely overshadowed by it. The original developers closed their doors though after the release of the sequel, I don't know if we'll ever get these properly 'remastered' but a bit updated versions of both ObsCure and ObsCure: The Aftermath are available on Steam. I would definitely recommend checking them out.

I'd also like to see Simpsons Hit and Run,  A fun game from the PS2/Gamecube/OG Xbox era that I had on PS2 growing up. I would love to see a remaster of this. Road Rage too, that was fun but not as good as hit and run IMHO.

Another PS2 game a lot of people probably don't remember that I liked a lot was a game called The Bouncer. It was a beat-em-up in the same vein as Streets of Rage, but in 3D, so it played more like a pretty suped up Fighting Force from the PS1. I would love to see a remaster or remake of this game.  It was also published by Squaresoft before they merged w/ Enix. So that's cool!

Not going to lie if we ever saw a remake of Simpsons Hit and Run on Playstation and for some reason it didn't come to Xbox (even though I feel that would be very rare) this would be a game I would jump on Playstation for. I played Hit and Run so much and have been wanting a remake or remaster for the longest time so no matter what console that may come out on, I would be sure to jump on it. Still surprised that we haven't seen a remaster yet being that so many are crying out for it. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Not going to lie if we ever saw a remake of Simpsons Hit and Run on Playstation and for some reason it didn't come to Xbox (even though I feel that would be very rare) this would be a game I would jump on Playstation for. I played Hit and Run so much and have been wanting a remake or remaster for the longest time so no matter what console that may come out on, I would be sure to jump on it. Still surprised that we haven't seen a remaster yet being that so many are crying out for it. 

I think if Sony threw enough money at the creators of the Simpsons and found a developer to remake the game, I think it could happen for sure.