Register Now
Smokey

Do you use emulators for older consoles?

Once in a while I think about emulators. I would love to find some decent ones for the older systems I had as a child - ColecoVision, Intellivision, Atari 800, etc. 

Would you believe I still have my old Commodore 64? I got it out one time to show my kids what video games were like in my childhood, lol.

The Atari 2600 is available, as is the Colecovision. I have to admit that until now, I had never actually heard of an Atari 800. The only reason I know about those two being available, is because @Rain Dew actually bought them for me before she fully understood that emulators make me fucking sick. Literally sick. Hell, I'm selling my copy of Castlevania IV on the SNES because I recently discovered that it's a fake. Castlevania IV is a rare game. So when I found out that it's a fake, I. WAS. PISSED.

I just hope someone is interested soon.

On 2/10/2024 at 11:19 PM, killamch89 said:

This is really interesting. I have never heard of this Atari system just like @The Blackangel. When did this come out?

It came out in 1979, about 2 years after the Atari 2600. I was an 80's kid and remember playing on my friends.

Remember there was also an Atari 7800? It came out in 1984, a year before Nintendo came along and eclipsed the market.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

It came out in 1979, about 2 years after the Atari 2600. I was an 80's kid and remember playing on my friends.

Remember there was also an Atari 7800? It came out in 1984, a year before Nintendo came along and eclipsed the market.

I do know of the Atari 7800 - Never owned it personally. It's times like this that I wish gaming museums were around. So many masterpieces that we never hear of.