Register Now
Shortie

If there was a possibility for you to have a video game advent calendar would you want it?

I am not sure about everywhere in the world but in the UK we get advent calendars to count up the days to Christmas and throughout the years they have gone from just being chocolate to now you get things like candles, chili and so much more in them. It got me to thinking, what if there was a video game calendar, for every door you opened there was a code for a video game behind it? Would this be something you would be interested in buying? Would it depend on anything?

Epic Games do a very similar thing around Christmas each year, including this year. I've been updating on this as its been happening on the Free Games with Epic Update Thread right here on VGR. Read more about this event in this article form Gamespot. At the time of typing this, the game on offer is Metro Last Light Redux. There will be a another new game for free each day until December 29nth. So yeah, such things do actually happen.

I was talking about something more physical that you could buy from a store that you open yourself for a code, I understand that Epic do this as I use this myself and have done in the past. Sometimes people prefer something physical though so they can gift one as well as maybe have one themselves.

I would love something like this, personally, either a code for a new game or DLC for one you already played. It would be difficult to determine what games & codes would go into that calendrer though. I guess you'd be able to choose what sort of games you were into prior to purchasing it?

Advent calendars are a fun way to countdown to a holiday or special event, and a video game advent calendar could be a unique and exciting way to celebrate the holiday season. Each day, the player could receive a new video game or in-game item to enjoy, adding an element of surprise and excitement to the holiday season. I think I would be up for that.

Oh man that would be a pretty awesome advent calendar! Though it would be pretty expensive if it contained codes to download games, unless they were cheaper games. We started getting advent calendars here in the states recently, I got a Sonic one last year. It would be a neat way to play new games.