Register Now
Shortie

Has there ever been a game you have stopped playing because it was too addictive?

As gamers we play many games and some of them can be fun to play but not addictive and you will also find a game that you play and it becomes too addictive. I myself used to play The Sims but I had to stop playing as I would get addicted to the game and would spend so many hours on the game without realizing and that would bug me especially if I had things that I needed to do and they ended up not getting done because I got addicted.

Has there ever been a game you have stopped playing because it became too addictive? What game was it and have you risked going back to it at any point or just left it alone?

I can only think of mobile games. But most of them required you to do repetitive tasks and I think the addiction aspect wained pretty fast when I got bored of the games. 

One was this football game that became too easy to play. And I just got bored of winning lol. 

Ah yes, those games that can be addictive but can also become less interesting the more you have to repeat certain things. That happened to me in Candy Crush when I was playing that. It became so repetitive and when I got to a level that seemed to take forever to complete I kind of got tired of trying to do the same thing over and over and ended up just giving up with it but before that, it did become really addictive. 

Also, I maybe would add GTA V to the topic. I played the hell out of the GTA series and I remember how addictive they were. But I think I'm all played out on the series. It's partly why I haven't played it in years probably. Maybe when the new game comes out I'll revisit the series again. 

26 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Also, I maybe would add GTA V to the topic. I played the hell out of the GTA series and I remember how addictive they were. But I think I'm all played out on the series. It's partly why I haven't played it in years probably. Maybe when the new game comes out I'll revisit the series again. 

Yeah it does seem that even though many keep going back to GTA they do seem to be too burned out on it to keep playing. A new game in the series really can not come soon enough but aside from the leaks last year, nothing else has been mentioned as to when we will see the next game, GTA VI yet. Can only hope it's sooner rather than later.