Register Now
Shortie

How long do you feel Rainbow Six Siege has left?

If I remember rightly Rainbow Six Siege was released in 2015 and it has been quite a popular title ever since it's release. My son has recently started playing it again on Xbox and I was quite surprised to see how popular it still is even after nearly 8 years since it's release. They do also seem to be updating the game still as well which I think is amazing. I remember I played Rainbow Six Siege back when it was released and then again a few years later but I haven't had the urge to play it again since.

How long do you feel Rainbow Six Siege has left? Do you think with the updates still coming through like they are they may last quite a few more years?

The game is supposed to be a 10 year game. With ops maps and game modes coming out like normal. I think it could last that long as long there aren't anymore operations healths. I heard it was supposed to last 10 years not sure if it's true. hope a few years at the least. Whether it'll go the way of CSGO or not (which would be harder with a hero-based shooter like Siege). I worry mostly about the foundation of the game and imagine we'd need another Health operation if it lasts.

I feel like Siege can go on for a long time. The team behind it to be fair have kept the game alive for a long time already. And it's still a popular game from what I see. 

Eventually they will need to make a sequel or do something fresh. But I think it has a long time ahead of it. 

I also heard myself it was scheduled to run for 10 years and with the updates they are making and the fact people are still playing the game even now, it can definitely last that long if not longer. The fact it has lasted 8 years and it is still popular is an amazing achievement. I guess as long as they listen to their fans and what they want to see in the game, the game could run for a very long time to come. It all comes down to the developers in the end. 

Not sure to be honest because the game is still popular although it has fallen off in recent years. I don't think it's anywhere near reaching its end - I can see it surviving for another 5 years at least unless Ubisoft messes it up which is still a possibility.

With Siege, I can see it surviving for many years to come, even after it eventually loses support. The reason why I say this, is because I feel there is a dedicated group of people keeping the game alive. If Siege eventually loses support from the developers, I'm sure the fans will set up their own private servers to keep things alive. A lot of old multiplayer games see new life. 

Also, if they haven't already, they could open it free to play to bring in more people. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:53 PM, aerodynamik said:

I have played Siege like mad back in the day until year 3 or so I think. I'm surprised it's even still active.

I'm not really - I also used to play it a lot up to 3 years ago. The game is still very popular although you won't find a lot of Youtubers playing it quite as much.