Register Now
Kane99

Twitch channels where chat controls the games

I heard a while back that there were channels where the gamers took control of the action via voting choices. Like Twitch plays Pokemon or something like that. I never really looked deep into it, so I never knew how they did it. I'm guessing they had some kind of voting tool on Twitch where when a choice comes up, chat can type in chat for a certain choice, button press, direction, etc. 

Are there any Twitch channels that still do this? 

I haven't seen any Twitch channels that have done this recently but I have seen it in the past so I know exactly what you are talking about. Twitch has extensions that can be used with your stream and a lot of game developers build the extensions for their games which allows viewers to be able to interact with the game in some way so it is likely it was an extension that was used for this. 

There are many cool options that can get the chat going an dgetting into things, Most are from the third-party more then anything. We all haerd of marbles on stream right? something that chat can play and see there ball to get to the finnshing line.

Just not long ago there is a add-on for MSFS2020 that allows chat to type in a command that takes control of my aircraft as I fly it 😛 like !engine and the engines goes off or !close and that close the sim down XD 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

There are many cool options that can get the chat going an dgetting into things, Most are from the third-party more then anything. We all haerd of marbles on stream right? something that chat can play and see there ball to get to the finnshing line.

Just not long ago there is a add-on for MSFS2020 that allows chat to type in a command that takes control of my aircraft as I fly it 😛 like !engine and the engines goes off or !close and that close the sim down XD 

That actually sounds cool. I kind of want to play WWE 2K22 or maybe one of the older games like Here comes the pain on stream, and I want to see if chat can control the game itself. I think it'd be cool. Or I may play that GM mode in the new game and let chat take control of that. I think that'd be fun. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, Kane99 said:

That actually sounds cool. I kind of want to play WWE 2K22 or maybe one of the older games like Here comes the pain on stream, and I want to see if chat can control the game itself. I think it'd be cool. Or I may play that GM mode in the new game and let chat take control of that. I think that'd be fun. 

Yeah, but they has to be a third-party addon that works with the game.. Twitch does not do anything like that. Even that I can do that for MSFS, with Vatsim or live traffic with realism on. I can't have that option on. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:46 AM, Empire said:

That's insane. Never knew these functions existed on certain Twitch channels. That definitely would drive a lot more engagement with the viewers of such streams and would see them coming back.

23 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's insane. Never knew these functions existed on certain Twitch channels. That definitely would drive a lot more engagement with the viewers of such streams and would see them coming back.

Just the other day a friend of mine showed me a twitch stream where you can literally play one of the new Pokemon games by entering commands in the chat. I wish I took down the twitch name, because I think the stream is still up and anyone can jump in to play. This could be a fun way to play games. 

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Just the other day a friend of mine showed me a twitch stream where you can literally play one of the new Pokemon games by entering commands in the chat. I wish I took down the twitch name, because I think the stream is still up and anyone can jump in to play. This could be a fun way to play games. 

I agree - I haven't encountered any streams like that as yet but I'd love to set up one in the future. I think I'm going to get into GTA V RP streams - haven't decided on the server as yet though but I wouldn't mind have some fun streams with my viewers.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Would drive me crazy after awhile hahahahahahha Yet fun for everyone