Register Now
Kane99

Should Uncharted and other video games get their own TV shows like The Last of Us?

The Last of Us has aired its first two episodes these past two weeks, and the show is gaining popularity. With how well fans are taking to the show, it made me wonder, what other video games from Naughty Dog, including the Uncharted series, should be made into a tv show? I think Uncharted would make for a perfect show, the adventure, the characters, etc would fit perfectly in a tv show format. But what other Naughty dog works should try for their own tv show? 

And what other video games do you want to see make the jump to tv? We got Halo, what could be next? 

Made a film based right?

I just think Uncharted works so much better as a game. It’s like if they made a Call of Duty film it would just be a typical action war film. Or with GTA a film version would be nothing special. Yeah the Uncharted film was decent but they probably just have just directly adapted one of the games’ story

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Made a film based right?

I just think Uncharted works so much better as a game. It’s like if they made a Call of Duty film it would just be a typical action war film. Or with GTA a film version would be nothing special. Yeah the Uncharted film was decent but they probably just have just directly adapted one of the games’ story

More over to TV if anything. I know Uncharted had a movie, but the movie wasn't really that good imo. And I think it's because you don't get to experience time with these characters like you did in a video game. Movies it's not so easy, but with a tv show it gives you more time with these characters. 

I think a tv show would work a lot better for Uncharted than a movie did. Main reason why, is because you can flesh out these characters through a tv show a lot easier, so you can grow characters, see them mature etc. But the movie, doesn't give you that option, you're either expected to know the games, or just hope you can tag along as best you can otherwise. 

Uncharted would work great as its own tv show, because there is 4+ games already. They can also expand upon the story in the games, depending how long the show runs for that is.

If the same staff that's working on TLOU did an Unchartered series, I wouldn't mind it at all. For me, it depends on who's making it because finding the balance between sticking to the lore and exploring another angle is a very difficult task for many studios.

9 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

If the same staff that's working on TLOU did an Unchartered series, I wouldn't mind it at all. For me, it depends on who's making it because finding the balance between sticking to the lore and exploring another angle is a very difficult task for many studios.

After the way the Last of Us is going on TV, I think an Uncharted series works even better, especially if HBO is involved, because they don't usually produce bad content. Yeah they do sometimes, but for the most part they put out pretty good programming for the most part. 

Uncharted also has 4+ games of content that can easily be explored in a tv show. Which is why I hope instead of making more Uncharted movies, they instead focus on making a tv series instead. 

And yeah, not every studio would do justice to the source material. Which is why I think what HBO and crew did is impressive. Makes you wonder what Netflix and other studios had their chance to make a Last of Us show. Would it be as good as what HBO is doing?

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

After the way the Last of Us is going on TV, I think an Uncharted series works even better, especially if HBO is involved, because they don't usually produce bad content. Yeah they do sometimes, but for the most part they put out pretty good programming for the most part. 

Uncharted also has 4+ games of content that can easily be explored in a tv show. Which is why I hope instead of making more Uncharted movies, they instead focus on making a tv series instead. 

And yeah, not every studio would do justice to the source material. Which is why I think what HBO and crew did is impressive. Makes you wonder what Netflix and other studios had their chance to make a Last of Us show. Would it be as good as what HBO is doing?

Judging by what Netflix were going to do with the Witcher 3 series - probably and Disney, they'd ruin it without a shadow of a doubt.

Seeing something like Uncharted become a TV show is something that I think many would like to see. I know I wouldn't say no to an Uncharted TV show and I see it being a success if they were to ever make one.

I honestly can't think of what others games would make great TV shows. Halo has already been done. Call of Duty and even games like GTA would be pretty basic to be honest and not unique.