Register Now
Kane99

WWE 2K23 new trailer featuring John Cena Showcase mode

At least I am assuming it's the John Cena Showcase mode, similar to their other showcase modes going over wrestlers like Rey Mysterio last year. Easy option to go with John Cena's career as a showcase storyline. The trailer doesn't show a whole lot of what to expect from the new game, but my guess is that it will be much of the same as last years WWE 2K22. The game comes out March 14th, and as you can tell it drops with a few versions. I don't know if I will be buying this or the new AEW game when it eventually drops. 

I hope wrestling games are good again. :D 

There are gonna be some obvious exclusions but so many great matches and arenas will be unlocked here! The old Smackdown fist, RA Raw, Wrestlemania 23 and 28, One Night stand, Summerslam ‘08, and hopefully more from the Ruthless Aggression era. Also I’m so glad they included Wrestlemania 23. That’s the mania that really hooked me as a John Cena fan.

I do have high hopes for this game to be honest. The trailer looks really good. I know my kids are talking about wanting it and they seem more eager for this one than the AEW one at the moment. I remember when John Cena first came to WWE, wasn't too keen on him at first but he really did prove himself over the years and I deserves his place in history for sure. Excited to see how this game turns out. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

There are gonna be some obvious exclusions but so many great matches and arenas will be unlocked here! The old Smackdown fist, RA Raw, Wrestlemania 23 and 28, One Night stand, Summerslam ‘08, and hopefully more from the Ruthless Aggression era. Also I’m so glad they included Wrestlemania 23. That’s the mania that really hooked me as a John Cena fan.

I wish they would include all the iconic arenas, every WrestleMania, and other important PPVs of the past. I think most WWE games do it, but I feel like if they added as many of the famous arenas as possible, it would go over well. 

8 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I do have high hopes for this game to be honest. The trailer looks really good. I know my kids are talking about wanting it and they seem more eager for this one than the AEW one at the moment. I remember when John Cena first came to WWE, wasn't too keen on him at first but he really did prove himself over the years and I deserves his place in history for sure. Excited to see how this game turns out. 

After 2K22, I'm just hoping it changes some things. Like a more expansive general manager mode. 

I actually liked Cena when he first joined the WWE, but as they kept having him go over and winning title after title, I soon stopped liking him. It's why I always wanted him to go back to his heel cena gimmick which we kinda got a taste of when he first started his thuganomics gimmick. But once he went on his lifetime babyface run, I slowly lost interest in him. 

But now days that he isn't clouding the WWE's roster anymore, I like him more. Especially what he has done as of late in TV and movies. Honestly think he's more versatile than The Rock is when it comes to acting. 

4 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I wish they would include all the iconic arenas, every WrestleMania, and other important PPVs of the past. I think most WWE games do it, but I feel like if they added as many of the famous arenas as possible, it would go over well. 

So many major stadiums and venues, especially in America, are name sponsored now that licensing the use of more than a few of them would be both a practical and financial headache.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

So many major stadiums and venues, especially in America, are name sponsored now that licensing the use of more than a few of them would be both a practical and financial headache.

I didn't take that into consideration, but I'm sure they could name the stadiums and locations another name to get through that. Or at the least, design arenas that are close to the real deal, but change enough to where you don't get into any legal trouble. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

I didn't take that into consideration, but I'm sure they could name the stadiums and locations another name to get through that. Or at the least, design arenas that are close to the real deal, but change enough to where you don't get into any legal trouble. 

Especially if this game is so closely based on something in real life, there little point do it at all if you can't do it accurately. People aren't stupid, they will notice and it'll just break immersion and make the game look cheap.

3 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Especially if this game is so closely based on something in real life, there little point do it at all if you can't do it accurately. People aren't stupid, they will notice and it'll just break immersion and make the game look cheap.

Yeah true, that makes sense. I suppose to get around that, we can utilize their arena builder. I've seen some fan creations that are nearly identical to the real stadiums/arenas they're based on. And from I have seen in there, they rarely take action against any arenas or custom wrestlers. Unless they're offensive in nature of course. 

Here are all the confirmed wrestlers appearing in the next WWE 2K23 game. You can view them all via the link below. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2023/02/10/wwe-2k23-every-announced-superstar-so-far

I won't share the full list, so you can view them all at the link. But you can find the first set of wrestles below: 

Alba Fyre
Alexa Bliss
Asuka
Austin Theory
Bad Bunny (pre-order bonus)
Batista
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Beth Phoenix
Bianca Belair
Bobby Lashley
Booker T
Bret Hart
Brie Bella
Brock Lesnar
Bron Breakker
Carmello Hayes
Charlotte Flair
Chyna
Cody Rhodes
Cora Jade

I honestly will maybe pick it up since I played so many of the past games. I like the fact they are doing a John Cena showcase mode this time around. I think the roster is gonna be good too. I didn't care for the career mode in the last game as much as I'd have hoped.