Register Now
Kane99

What's next for Watch Dogs after Legion?

Watch Dogs: Legion was the most recent game in the franchise, but sadly it didn't live up to the hype brought on from Watch Dogs 2, which I still am a big fan of and may revisit one of these days. Anyway, I have yet to play Legion, but I hear fans weren't too pleased about it and it kinda just got forgotten, at least that's how I feel. You don't really ever hear anything about it, it's almost like fans have lost interest in it. 

I thought the idea behind the game was cool, to be able to play any person in the world, recruit them etc. And the permadeath option was a cool idea as well. Legion from what I can see, looks to have been a letdown for fans and the studio as well. I don't think it sold well either. 

Anyway, what do you think they'll do for a sequel? Will they fix the mistakes they made with Legion? Or will they go deeper into that idea and maybe expand on it with new ideas? If they went back to the way Watch Dogs 2 was, I think it'll turn out fine. What do you think? 

I'm a huge fan of the Watch Dog series now. Excellent games. I started with Legion as my first experience and is hands down an amazing game. I don't care what reviews people say about it or anything. It's a gem of a game to me. It has pushed gaming into the future and I'm not talking about the setting. I'm talking about flying a drone around the city, and being able to recruit who you want. The gameplay is fun as hell. If you put the perma death on and play at the hard level, the game becomes so freakin nuts! You can't even drive freely anywhere w/o getting tagged at every checkpoint and have the cops chase you. And it's hard to lose them. Legion is a game I can play again, no doubt about it. And the setting, well...as MC Hammer says, U Can't Touch This

Hammer_Touch.jpg.8187fed4e387594d429488164b0fc854.jpg

I haven't played Watch Dogs 2 yet as I'm still playing the first one. That is a pretty good game too. All the extras in there, I don't know if they came with the game or if it is DLC. But there is a ton of cool things outside the story that makes every gaming experience really fun. The series is ahead of its time as far as features go. Now that I have bragged a bunch about the series, what is next after Legion??? Hmmm

They would have to keep that futuristic chaotic setting. It would be strange to go back to a normal city after that. They set the bar so high with London, I really can't think of a city comparable. Whatever city they choose, I think they would have to take it a step further and add more cyberpunk artificial limbs and stuff like that the way Cyberpunk 2077 did. Again, I have to say they set the bar so high with Legion. Where do you go after that? How do you get more chaotic than that? Good ol New York I guess. They could have the setting anywhere in Florida where fascism is really real there. They could have it Watch Dogs Florida 2077. LOL. 

I wouldn't expect a new game any time soon. I feel like Legion was a grand finale. If they have something better up their sleeve, well hit the red button cause it would have to be something nuclear. I can't wait to play WD2 because it seems that is the standard bearer for the series. 

i kinda just want watch dogs legion but set in a more accurate sf lmao...but mostly just cuz i enjoyed playing as a clan kelley member and i live in sf (they deadass erased my neighborhood/only kept in the commercial stuff), so i'd wanna be able to play as an auntie shu boy fighting against...umeni zulu i guess lol

but more importantly i do wonder where ubisoft will take its franchise next

On 1/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm a huge fan of the Watch Dog series now. Excellent games. I started with Legion as my first experience and is hands down an amazing game. I don't care what reviews people say about it or anything. It's a gem of a game to me. It has pushed gaming into the future and I'm not talking about the setting. I'm talking about flying a drone around the city, and being able to recruit who you want. The gameplay is fun as hell. If you put the perma death on and play at the hard level, the game becomes so freakin nuts! You can't even drive freely anywhere w/o getting tagged at every checkpoint and have the cops chase you. And it's hard to lose them. Legion is a game I can play again, no doubt about it. And the setting, well...as MC Hammer says, U Can't Touch This

Hammer_Touch.jpg.8187fed4e387594d429488164b0fc854.jpg

I haven't played Watch Dogs 2 yet as I'm still playing the first one. That is a pretty good game too. All the extras in there, I don't know if they came with the game or if it is DLC. But there is a ton of cool things outside the story that makes every gaming experience really fun. The series is ahead of its time as far as features go. Now that I have bragged a bunch about the series, what is next after Legion??? Hmmm

They would have to keep that futuristic chaotic setting. It would be strange to go back to a normal city after that. They set the bar so high with London, I really can't think of a city comparable. Whatever city they choose, I think they would have to take it a step further and add more cyberpunk artificial limbs and stuff like that the way Cyberpunk 2077 did. Again, I have to say they set the bar so high with Legion. Where do you go after that? How do you get more chaotic than that? Good ol New York I guess. They could have the setting anywhere in Florida where fascism is really real there. They could have it Watch Dogs Florida 2077. LOL. 

I wouldn't expect a new game any time soon. I feel like Legion was a grand finale. If they have something better up their sleeve, well hit the red button cause it would have to be something nuclear. I can't wait to play WD2 because it seems that is the standard bearer for the series. 

Please play Watch Dogs 2. I prefer it over the first game, mainly because I enjoyed the story, the characters and the setting. Also the parkour style movement was awesome, and helped make the game more enjoyable for me. Lets just say, it was fast paced and I liked that aspect about it. Plus the hacking aspects were even better than the first game. Legion I can't comment on yet, but I think it just came down to being an underwhelming sequel. 

I hope they figure things out for a future sequel. 

In my opinion, I don't think Watch Dogs Legion was that bad - on the contrary, I enjoyed it a lot but I agree that 2 was the best game in terms of overall package. As for what's to come next, I don't know what to say because Ubisoft is going through such a rough period with their shares dropping significantly in recent years in addition to several games being cancelled recently, nobody has a clue what's going on with Ubisoft.