Register Now
Kane99

What video game mascot is the best out of them all?

On 2/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, Kane99 said:

I imagine the reason he didn't have legs in the original game is probably due to limitations. And it probably would have looked weird if he had legs anyway. In a cartoon show you can easily add legs and hands. But in video games, back then you were very limited with sprites and graphics in general. 

Also, I may be wrong, but I think he had legs on the arcade cabinet itself. Just not in the original arcade game. 

You'd be right, it'd look weird if he had legs in those games but he does definitely have legs and even in any other poster of Pacman, he see him with legs and arms.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm curious to know if there are mascots from the foreign market that aren't well known in the US? I'm sure there are mascots from foreign games we never heard of or never got to see in the US. Are there any well known ones, say in Japan or other major countries? Maybe they change characters in some games over there and their mascots differ from ours. I doubt it's a lot, but I am curious to know. 

Usually, they look kind of really weird like some kind of chibi or loli female character or some animal with humanoid features.

Maybe I'm biased, but Sonic is the best mascot hands down. I'd also say Mario is a big name too, and even Pikachu at this point. I remember when Pokemon was brand new and my mom would call every single Pokemon Pikachu. xD But Sonic has stood the test of time, sure he's had terrible games but really the good outweigh the bad. Most gamers only focus on the negative, and rarely talk about the positives. Not to mention Sonic had the longest running comic based on a video game character, and recently with the two live action movies he's really been in the spotlight lately. Also Sonic Prime was just released back in December and had some great ratings and many people tuned in to watch it. Sonic is a big name in other countries too, Brazil for example still produce Master System consoles since it's very expensive to import games to their country. I'd even argue that Sonic was the bigger mascot in the UK than Mario, from what I've heard from UK Sonic fans.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Maybe I'm biased, but Sonic is the best mascot hands down. I'd also say Mario is a big name too, and even Pikachu at this point. I remember when Pokemon was brand new and my mom would call every single Pokemon Pikachu. xD But Sonic has stood the test of time, sure he's had terrible games but really the good outweigh the bad. Most gamers only focus on the negative, and rarely talk about the positives. Not to mention Sonic had the longest running comic based on a video game character, and recently with the two live action movies he's really been in the spotlight lately. Also Sonic Prime was just released back in December and had some great ratings and many people tuned in to watch it. Sonic is a big name in other countries too, Brazil for example still produce Master System consoles since it's very expensive to import games to their country. I'd even argue that Sonic was the bigger mascot in the UK than Mario, from what I've heard from UK Sonic fans.

You definitely are biased as you're a huge Sonic fan but Sonic is an iconic character - he's easily in the top 5 with Mario but Mario's popularity is unmatched.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:30 AM, killamch89 said:

You definitely are biased as you're a huge Sonic fan but Sonic is an iconic character - he's easily in the top 5 with Mario but Mario's popularity is unmatched.

Mario is definitely one of the ones that I associate most as a mascot but Sonic is very much up there in as you said the top 5. 

When I think of gaming and gaming mascots, the first two I always think of are Mario and Sonic and then after that ones like Crash Bandicoot, Waluigi and such. 

I believe if you are more of a fan of Sonic over Mario you will be more biased but the same thing can be said about someone who prefers Mario over Sonic 🙂

There isn't a definitive answer as it is subjective, but some popular choices for the best video game mascot include Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Pikachu. These three might definitely come in any person's mind whenever they are asked to think of the greatest video game mascots of all time.