Register Now
killamch89

What is the most unusual feature you have seen on a smartphone?

On 2/17/2023 at 7:25 AM, Empire said:

For me it was the People Hub on Windows Phone. Facebook, Twitter, I think even whatsapp all in one place, no advertisements, you could instantly see what all your contacts were sharing. But like all great things, it was very quickly broken

To be honest, Microsoft does a very poor job of maintaining most of their product lines. Windows phone OS is a primary example - sometimes the device won't get updated for close to a year and major issues reported were often addressed months after and sometimes the fix was useless.

On 3/8/2023 at 6:34 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, Microsoft does a very poor job of maintaining most of their product lines. Windows phone OS is a primary example - sometimes the device won't get updated for close to a year and major issues reported were often addressed months after and sometimes the fix was useless.

Glad that they stopped doing phones then, XD and stick to what they do best. I say.

On 2/17/2023 at 12:25 PM, Empire said:

For me it was the People Hub on Windows Phone. Facebook, Twitter, I think even whatsapp all in one place, no advertisements, you could instantly see what all your contacts were sharing. But like all great things, it was very quickly broken

I always remember this myself back when I had a Windows phone. The phone was great, don't get me wrong and I still have it stored somewhere in the house and I know it still works but as you say it very soon ended up broken and no longer worked as it should. It was nice to have everything in one place when it did work though, it's a shame Microsoft has a track record of breaking good things. 

18 hours ago, Shortie said:

I always remember this myself back when I had a Windows phone. The phone was great, don't get me wrong and I still have it stored somewhere in the house and I know it still works but as you say it very soon ended up broken and no longer worked as it should. It was nice to have everything in one place when it did work though, it's a shame Microsoft has a track record of breaking good things. 

Story that I came with a windows phone that I had a deal and spent around $60 and they sent me two LOL rather then one single phone and stuck with them for awhile and as time goes on WIndows phone just became unsupported 

On 3/10/2023 at 7:38 AM, Empire said:

Glad that they stopped doing phones then, XD and stick to what they do best. I say.

Yeah - it had lots of potential but they never maintained it properly.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, Shortie said:

I got one for free about 10 years ago and it was wonderful somewhat and then it started to go haywire after about 6 months. I ended up getting rid of it.

Edited by killamch89

I'd say on the phone device itself, was a fan that would keep it cool built into the actual phone. I believe that I saw it on one of those ROG phones which are really just made for gaming on the go.

On 4/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, Syntax said:

I'd say on the phone device itself, was a fan that would keep it cool built into the actual phone. I believe that I saw it on one of those ROG phones which are really just made for gaming on the go.

Yeah, that's a good choice actually. The ROG phones have had that feature for the past 2/3 generations of their gaming phone.