Register Now
killamch89

Bethesda & Xbox Delay Starfield Yet Again

Seems like a lot of people misses a valuable point when delays occure -"delays are good!" they say. Well, I too want a polished game release, but the fault is not really the delay itself but rather the fact that a releasedate was announced even though they clearly did not know it would be done by then. The simple way to make us all happy would be - Finnish the development and THEN announce a releasedate. This way noone would be disappointed and companies wouldn't kill their own hype...

Oh I just talked about Starfield too. But yeah, this game has been delayed forever now. Feels almost like it's never going to get released at this point. I do worry, that when it releases, we'll have another Cyberpunk 2077 on our hands, a game that is good, but not up to the standards fans were expecting. 

On 3/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, Empire said:

Seems like a lot of people misses a valuable point when delays occure -"delays are good!" they say. Well, I too want a polished game release, but the fault is not really the delay itself but rather the fact that a releasedate was announced even though they clearly did not know it would be done by then. The simple way to make us all happy would be - Finnish the development and THEN announce a releasedate. This way noone would be disappointed and companies wouldn't kill their own hype...

I agree but I guess this is how gaming companies do things nowadays.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:27 PM, Kane99 said:

Oh I just talked about Starfield too. But yeah, this game has been delayed forever now. Feels almost like it's never going to get released at this point. I do worry, that when it releases, we'll have another Cyberpunk 2077 on our hands, a game that is good, but not up to the standards fans were expecting. 

I do believe it will release this year and remember that we got Cyberpunk 2077 in its broken state because CDPR execs decided they should release the game instead of delaying it and fixing most of its issues so I don't mind the delay. Besides, there's less excuses for Bethesda to release a broken game since they've delayed it for at least a year.

Delays are very much good for sure as that means they are still working on perfecting the game, as long as the developer stands their ground and does not give in to people complaining about the delay then it should be fine and they should be able to stay on schedule. I will admit though, sometimes it can be frustrating if it is a game you are eagerly waiting for and because of that, it often does make you wonder why they end up announcing a release date so early on. 

On 3/24/2023 at 4:57 PM, Shortie said:

Delays are very much good for sure as that means they are still working on perfecting the game, as long as the developer stands their ground and does not give in to people complaining about the delay then it should be fine and they should be able to stay on schedule. I will admit though, sometimes it can be frustrating if it is a game you are eagerly waiting for and because of that, it often does make you wonder why they end up announcing a release date so early on. 

Totally agree - However, I do hope that they truly address the game-breaking bugs before release. Otherwise, delaying the game for nearly 2 years would be pointless.

On 4/4/2023 at 5:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Totally agree - However, I do hope that they truly address the game-breaking bugs before release. Otherwise, delaying the game for nearly 2 years would be pointless.

I agree, you would think there reasoning for delaying the game for that long would be because they have found bugs and looked at how long the bugs will take to iron out and whatever else they need to do to ensure the game is near perfect on release. Two years is a long time so if there are still major issues on release, it will have people wondering what they needed two years for. 

On 4/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, Shortie said:

I agree, you would think there reasoning for delaying the game for that long would be because they have found bugs and looked at how long the bugs will take to iron out and whatever else they need to do to ensure the game is near perfect on release. Two years is a long time so if there are still major issues on release, it will have people wondering what they needed two years for. 

The thing that concerns me is that they seem to be using the same game engine they had in Fallout 4 or at least, a slightly updated version of it by the looks of it. I just hope it isn't anywhere as buggy.