Register Now
killamch89

Have you ever eaten a gourmet dish with unconventional ingredients such as insects

I've tried Escargot. If you can get past the fact that you're eating a snail, it's actually really good. I've also had haggis. It's awesome, but you have to have someone who knows exactly what the fuck they're doing to be the ones cooking it. It's hard to get it right, but if you can, it's mouth wateringly delicious. Ever since my gramma and sperm donor died (he was ranked the best cook in the state) I haven't had it.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:12 AM, Debashis said:

No, because I have a strong aversion towards insects and find the idea of eating them unappetizing and unappealing. I can't even imagine having such a dish lol.

I quite agree. It's not my thing either. Right now, if I see so much as a roach inside my house, I might think about burning the whole place down.

On 1/26/2024 at 7:12 AM, Debashis said:

No, because I have a strong aversion towards insects and find the idea of eating them unappetizing and unappealing. I can't even imagine having such a dish lol.

When I would take that month every summer to live off the land, I would often eat things like grubs and grasshoppers. They're not the best tasting, but they pack a shitload of protein.

Here's a bunch of tips to keep roaches away or catch and kill the dirty little bastards if you see them. They're a hell of a lot cheaper than an exterminator. But considering that they're nocturnal, if you're seeing a large number of them during the day, it may be too late for any of these to work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

REPELENTS-

put all repellents around house

bay leaves
garlic
cayenne powder
lemon
vinegar w/ peppermint oil
meem oil
soab solution (w/ borax)

catnip (fresh leaves is best) (put in teabag or coffee filter) -  Or plant around your house to make them say "Fuck this place" since they hate catnip to keep new ones out. You can also plant enough that you can use it for your cats (if you have any) or sell/give to other people who do have cats. Just don't give away too much, or get it all from the same place or you're screwed. Also you want to get rid of the roaches before you plant the catnip. It will keep new roaches from coming in, but will also keep the roaches you already have from running out!

**********************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************

TRAPS-

Baking Soda/Sugar
smallest dish can find (can be lid to milk/juice/soda bottles, etc)
put baking soda & sugar in in a 1/1 ratio
then set equal size container of water near

duct tape roughly 8-10 inches long (20-25cm)
fold ends in on itself for easy pickup (roughly 1-2" or 4-6cm)
put sugary peanut butter or cheese in middle
do not use jelly or other sweet liquid (will dissolve adhesive)

take pickle jar or jar similar size
make sure completely clean and dry (may want to buy brand new and unused jar. walmart sells single jars in arts & crafts section)
put bait in bottom like sugary peanut butter, cheese, or pan grease
spread petroleum jelly all over entire inside of jar (especially around inside of mouth)
Can also make it easier for them to get in by putting painters tape around jar. the petroleum jelly will make it too slippery for them to get out.

take clean dry jar
take small styrofoam or plastic cup
fill cup w/ wet coffe grounds
cup needs to be small enough to fit in jar, but strong enough to not be affected by water
put cup in jar (duh)
fill rest of jar w/ water stopping just below surface of bait cup
Can put petroleum jelly on inside walls if desired, but not necessary since roaches are virtually incapable of swimming

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

We all eat unconventional insects all the time like shrimp and lobster, which is nothing but orange sea roaches and giant sea roaches.

I actually don't because I'm allergic to both and I don't think they even fall under the same classification of animals.