Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

New PlayStation or Xbox? Sell me

I’m about to buy. $$$$$ Microsoft and Sony get so hot at the prospect. Here I am, fresh mind, non biased, ready to buy right now. Which one? I’m pleasantly struck between two exclusives and that is my main debate. But please, let’s hear thoughts from gamers. Xbox vs PlayStation is a debate in itself. Please include the specs and all. But I’m going for a struggle between two exclusives. That’s between Starfield for Xbox and maybe, just maybe a The Last of Us Part 3 for PlayStation 5. And Naughty Dog always publishes at the final year of the life of a console. Ps5 just started. 8 years later maybe TLOU3? Shit, will I have my bonus then? Or struggle financially? Live for now or be wise? Choosing a condole is crazy. I’m not buying both. I’m not gonna fall into that trap. 10 years from now I’ll be taking back these words as I buy every fucking console. I hate you Xbox for seducing me with Starfield. I had my mind set to get a ps5. My hands are in the air. 

I actually think you have an understanding of your priorities when it come to your options pretty nailed down. Exclusives are the most important thing. It's a shame we don't have foresight over what the XBox Series S/X and PS5 will offer in 5-10 years time, so all you can really do is make your judgement based on what being offered now and in the neer future. If Starfield is too important too ignore, than going the Xbox is totally understandable, but if you buy into a platform for the sake of one game, you might regret it, especially if that game will have a long shelf live witch seems likely for Starfield given how Bethesda's single player games tend to go.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I actually think you have an understanding of your priorities when it come to your options pretty nailed down. Exclusives are the most important thing. It's a shame we don't have foresight over what the XBox Series S/X and PS5 will offer in 5-10 years time, so all you can really do is make your judgement based on what being offered now and in the neer future. If Starfield is too important too ignore, than going the Xbox is totally understandable, but if you buy into a platform for the sake of one game, you might regret it, especially if that game will have a long shelf live witch seems likely for Starfield given how Bethesda's single player games tend to go.

I looked up some exclusives that may be coming out soon. Xbox exclusives has that big game Starfield and Hellblade 2. Playstation exclusives has Final Fantasy 16, Spiderman 2, and another must play for me which is Silent Hill 2 remake. Plus if TLOU 3 gets made then that will probably be an exclusive too. So I'll have to think on it.  

You should decide first on what console you have had the most fun on as of right now. I would recommend sticking to that unless you're wanting to try something completely new. Both systems have their exclusives, and if that's a concern try gauging your thoughts on some exclusives that you're not particularly familiar with. Both have had massive success with some of their exclusives. For example, Microsoft hit one of the biggest home runs I've ever seen with Halo. While not as big, Sony has hit a hell of a home run with God Of War. Yes they leased it to Windows, but that isn't necessarily Xbox.

In my case, the only reason I even have an Xbox is for the game Tell Me Why (thank you so much @Shagger) and the game is entirely worth it in my eyes. But that's pretty much the only game I play on Xbox as I enjoy PlayStation a hell of a lot more. Yes I do play a few others, but that's another topic for another time.

So if it's worth it in your eyes, you could get a system for only one game like I did, or get the one that you know already you will find more enjoyment on.

I can't comment on specs, as that shit is way over my head. All I can give are personal opinions and experiences. Take from it what you will.

I myself have always been a huge fan of Xbox and I have always preferred the console and the controller as opposed to the PlayStation console and controller. 

I also much prefer the exclusives that Xbox have as well which is what has kept me always going back to Xbox each time there was a new console.

I don't believe you can sell someone on a console to purchase if I am honest as it all depends on what each individual prefers and likes. I may prefer the Xbox due to things such as the exclusives or the controller but someone else could prefer the PlayStation due to the controller and exclusives. 

Both the new PlayStation and Xbox have a lot to offer in terms of exciting features and advanced technology that can take your gaming experience to the next level. When it comes to choosing between the two, it really boils down to what you personally prefer and what exclusive games or services catch your interest. It's a good idea to think about factors like the range of available games, online services, controller design, backward compatibility, and overall performance while making your decision. Keep in mind that both consoles bring something unique to the table, so taking the time to research and compare them will help you determine which one better suits your gaming preferences.