Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Will GI Joe ever get an adult style game?

Imagine if GI Joe got a Mortal Kombat makeover. It would be amazing to see fighters of GI Joe in the old days fight against Cobra. Imagine the story that can be made. NetherRealm Studios in their story style narrative, should and needs to make a GI Joe story. I've taken a look at Injustice, and all those super heroes. And it sucks. Let's get real. If your studio is willing to be stupid with Injustice, then get smart with GI Joe. Why am I attacking Netherrealm? Because I want you to make a GI Joe story. Top of the line. Story narrative, then FIGHT! I imagine Snake Eyes against Storm Shadow. Two ninjas similar to the characters of Scorpion and SubZero and the nemesis/ally backstory. Does anyone not see the potential to make a GI Joe MK game?  I'm imagining a GI Joe MK style story right now. What's the hold up? Hasbro got too much patents? Fuck that. Time to honor GI Joe and bring it back to life. True patriots. True soldiers who fight for the good and recognize tyrants like Cobra. Let's get back to the days of straight good vs evil. 

I would imagine there are a lot of people who would love to see GI Joe get an adult style game and I also feel it would be something that would be very popular if that ever happened. 

I am very shocked that we have not seen this yet. You mention a GI Joe MK game and knowing how popular MK was and still is, that would definitely get a lot of people interested and be something that we have not seen in a game for a long time. 

22 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I would imagine there are a lot of people who would love to see GI Joe get an adult style game and I also feel it would be something that would be very popular if that ever happened. 

I am very shocked that we have not seen this yet. You mention a GI Joe MK game and knowing how popular MK was and still is, that would definitely get a lot of people interested and be something that we have not seen in a game for a long time. 

I agree, I think a GI Joe MK style game would be a hit! It's such a perfect possibility. GI Joe has tons of characters to choose from variety of backgrounds. And Cobra has seemingly unlimited resources and technology to make an excellent villain and a story with no bounds. Like MK has different worlds and powers and all to make it all that much more interesting. Cobra terrorist organization also makes all sorts of tech that is way advanced with arms dealer Destro whose head is plated in metal. Serpentor is a genetically modified villain created from DNA of historic conquerors and tyrants through world history making him want nothing more than to rule the world. And Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are two ninjas who have been both nemesis and allies reminding me of Sub Zero and Scorpion. 

Serpentor

images-5.jpeg.733871cfb1768975c87a2b7ccc2a9115.jpeg

Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow

snake_eyes_and_storm_shadow___by_danluvisiart_d1d08h1-pre-3.thumb.jpg.3973f101ac1cff615aa2620cf2f94af8.jpg

It is surprising that a GI Joe game hasn't been made. From what I gather it's a really popular toy. I mean TMNT has a ton of games, so why not a classic? While girls mostly have dolls, I was a huge turtle fan and had every one that came out. I also had the 3 movies. However, that was before they started completely remaking the whole thing.

But GI Joe has a cartoon, movies, and toys. So (unless I'm missing something) why the hell hasn't there been a GI Joe game?

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It is surprising that a GI Joe game hasn't been made. From what I gather it's a really popular toy. I mean TMNT has a ton of games, so why not a classic? While girls mostly have dolls, I was a huge turtle fan and had every one that came out. I also had the 3 movies. However, that was before they started completely remaking the whole thing.

But GI Joe has a cartoon, movies, and toys. So (unless I'm missing something) why the hell hasn't there been a GI Joe game?

There were a smattering of G.I. Joe video games on home console and arcades in the 80's and early 90's, but in more recent years there has only really been two.

• G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (2009). A licenced tie-in (Although technically a canonised sequel) to the movie of the same name, and was received about as well.
  • Then only two an a half years ago, there was G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout, third person shooter that, as far as I can tell, the entire world on every platform agrees to be "meh". Painfully average.

Can't say I'm surprised, though. For obvious reasons G.I. Joe has never been very popular outside the US, so would never have the same kind of support a more internationally recognizable franchise would. And let's be honest, it would be wrong to expect much from something that, in the end, is based on toys from the 60's turned into the 80'iest of 80's cartoons.