Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Volition Games has shut down permanently

Volition is popular for the Red Faction and Saints Row series. I love Saints Row and only recently became a fan about a year or two ago. And now they are no more. This last remake will be the last we hear of Saints Row. 
You can read about it here.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2023/08/31/saints-row-developer-volition-games-has-been-shut-down

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Volition is popular for the Red Faction and Saints Row series. I love Saints Row and only recently became a fan about a year or two ago. And now they are no more. This last remake will be the last we hear of Saints Row. 
You can read about it here.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2023/08/31/saints-row-developer-volition-games-has-been-shut-down

By reading the article, I learned this same studio was Parralax before they changed thier name, the studio behind Decent, so I must say I am saddened by that more than the connection to Saints Row. Still, this is sad, but from a studio that hasn't really had a hit in around a decade, I can't say I'm totally shocked either. That Saints Row reboot was the final nail in the coffin it seems

EDIT: I'm also going to move this to Gaming News.

Edited by Shagger

This is quite shocking to hear. I have always been a fan of Saints Row and played every game including the new one and always had fun playing them. Also met some really awesome friends through the first Saints Row as well which has to be my favourite one with Saints Row The Third coming in second place.

It's sad we will no longer see anymore Saints Row games after the final one released.