Register Now
Shortie

Which console is your least favourite?

With so many consoles having been released over the years, there will always be consoles that you really enjoyed playing on and you had many hours of fun playing your favourite games on but there will also be consoles that never really impressed you that you either played and never went back or just never bothered with at all. 

When it comes to all the consoles that have been released, which one would you say has been your least favourite? 

Honestly the Wii is probably one of my least favorite consoles. The motion control gimmick was cool at first, but it became somewhat of a pain to play certain games with motion controls. I prefer the GameCube and I know that's a unpopular opinion as the GameCube was Nintendo's second worse selling console only behind the Wii U. Which is really a shame since lots of good games were released on the GameCube.

I cannot really answer this because I've not been into console gaming apart from my early days in gaming during my childhood when I was in Grade 1/2 lol. I've always been a hardcore PC gamer and even today I am. Maybe if I get into console gaming sometime in the future, I will come back to this thread and post about the one which I liked the least. 😛 

But if I have to pick one without really experiencing gaming with them, I would say the handheld ones are my least favorite because I think people can get the same experience in their smartphones as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

On 9/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Honestly the Wii is probably one of my least favorite consoles. The motion control gimmick was cool at first, but it became somewhat of a pain to play certain games with motion controls. I prefer the GameCube and I know that's a unpopular opinion as the GameCube was Nintendo's second worse selling console only behind the Wii U. Which is really a shame since lots of good games were released on the GameCube.

Actually, the Virtual Boy was Nintendo's biggest flop. It was pulled 5 months after its initial release. The Wii U was massively more successful than the Virtual Boy.

7 hours ago, Debashis said:

I cannot really answer this because I've not been into console gaming apart from my early days in gaming during my childhood when I was in Grade 1/2 lol. I've always been a hardcore PC gamer and even today I am. Maybe if I get into console gaming sometime in the future, I will come back to this thread and post about the one which I liked the least. 😛 

But if I have to pick one without really experiencing gaming with them, I would say the handheld ones are my least favorite because I think people can get the same experience in their smartphones as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

There are a lot of games you can get on both handheld consoles and smartphones. But there are also exclusives. Think games like The Legend Of Zelda. Nintendo leased it one time and has never even come close to considering leasing it since. Each of the big 3 has their exclusives. Xbox has Halo. PlayStation has God Of War. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda. Though Mario has been leased a couple times in recent memory. To be fair, as far as I know Xbox hasn't come out with a handheld. But to get back to my point, while both hand held systems and smart devices can share a dew, the range of exclusives to one or the other can't really compare.

Some people wanted a cheaper alternative, while others didn't care about the docking and were only interested in a portable console. That consumer info was what led to the Lite being produced. My first Switch was a Switch Lite, and I loved it. It did everything the regular Switch did with the exception of docking, and a few minor features like the rumble ability. There were no game limitations. It could handle any and all games the regular Switch could. There are games I think should never have been ported to Switch, such as Skyrim. But that's just a personal opinion.

I really don't think I have a least favorite console, but that being said, I'm gonna go with the original GBA. Don't get me wrong, I love the GBA. It has a fantastic library, but actually playing an original GBA without a backlit screen is not a great experience. My GBA growing up was an SP with a frontlit screen, which was marginally better, but still not great. I love playing old games on original hardware, but when it comes to GBA I do prefer playing on my handheld emulator instead. 

On 10/5/2023 at 12:43 AM, The Blackangel said:

I grew up playing the original Game Boy. But that pea soup green and lack of actual light to play it on was a problem. The biggest problem though, was the rate at which it went through batteries. For that reason alone, I now play on the GBASP. Because I can just plug it in and recharge it.

I remember oh so well just how bad the original Game Boy was when it came to running through batteries and the screen being a huge problem. Always remember my parents buying me and my brothers a gadget that clipped onto the Game Boy which was a magnifier and also a light so we would still see the screen even when it was dark say on trips in the car, that too also ate up batteries which was a pain. 

3 hours ago, Shortie said:

I remember oh so well just how bad the original Game Boy was when it came to running through batteries and the screen being a huge problem. Always remember my parents buying me and my brothers a gadget that clipped onto the Game Boy which was a magnifier and also a light so we would still see the screen even when it was dark say on trips in the car, that too also ate up batteries which was a pain. 

That's the Light Boy. I had one as well, but it never really made much difference. The magnifier was usually more of a problem than a help. The light was so damn dim that it usually just put a glare on the screen. It was a hell of a lot easier and more beneficial to just hold a small flashlight in your teeth.