Register Now
Shortie

iPhone 15 overheating

As many will know the iPhone 15 has now released and as expected, there are some issues with it. At the moment I am hearing that the new iPhone 15 is overheating for many of those who are using it due to it's design not allowing heat to radiate like it should be able to. 

Have you heard of anyone who has the iPhone 15 who is having issues with overheating? 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, The Blackangel said:

If I was to get one, I would wait a while they address some of the design flaws, such as the overheating. The only thing I know about it is that it uses a USB-C cable instead of the cable that Apple products have always used. Which would kinda piss me off as we have had to buy several of them over the years.

Unless I am mistaken, didn't they have to change the cables that were used due EU regulations?

A pain if you have been buying certain cables for a while and now you have to make the change. 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, The Blackangel said:

If I was to get one, I would wait a while they address some of the design flaws, such as the overheating. The only thing I know about it is that it uses a USB-C cable instead of the cable that Apple products have always used. Which would kinda piss me off as we have had to buy several of them over the years.

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

Unless I am mistaken, didn't they have to change the cables that were used due EU regulations?

A pain if you have been buying certain cables for a while and now you have to make the change. 

Apple switched to USB-C simply because it's better. USB-C can carry a higher current allowing for faster charging, a much higher bandwidth for transferring data and better compatibility with external devices opening up new functions.

However, I don't think this has anything to with the phones overheating, it's just Apple being Apple. Every other major smartphone manufacturer has been using this higher current rated charging circuitry for years without widespread nor persistent trouble.

Every aspect of an Apple product, wether it be build quality, overall design and software, goes through a "greedy fucking scum" filter, or GFS approval, before it's sold. The purpose of GFS is to make thier products worse, but more profitable. The fact that Apple stubbornly stuck to the inferior lightning cable format as long as they did is a testament to this. They did it because it saved money, and for no other reason. It's the reason they do everything they do. Inferior product quality and being overpriced is what define Apple, that's why I never buy thier shit.

Edited by Shagger