Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

New Legend of Zelda movie in production!

I think this is so cool that there will be a new Zelda movie by Nintendo as well as Sony working together on this. And I know there are some fans on this forum for Zelda, so I'm sure this is going to be exciting the more we start hearing about it. It was just announced so there isn't a trailer yet. Something to keep your eye on for sure! 

I was looking for a good youtube video to display, but I'll leave that up to those more in tuned to good gaming announcements so I don't post one that's lame. lol But this is a big deal no doubt so I started a thread as soon as I saw the movie was in the making.

Considering that I've been a Zelda nut since its inception, I'm looking somewhat forward to this. I've wondered for years if this would ever be a thing. The last Zelda I saw on TV was Fridays, when they would play a Zelda cartoon instead of Mario Bros. The Super Mario Brothers Super Show ran every day, but on Fridays it was Zelda. I have the entire Zelda set somewhere around here.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this one as I've always been a fan of the Zelda series since I was a kid. Have they said what kind of movie it's going to be? Is it going to be animated like the Mario movie? Live-Action?

On 2/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Is it going to be animated like the new Mario movie? Live-Action?

I've been wondering the same thing. Live action would be awesome to see, but it’s way too easy to completely fuck up the entire thing by going that way. Then you have to get right actors to follow the race in the story. I doubt many would enjoy it much if Link was black or Chinese.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/15/2024 at 11:02 PM, The Blackangel said:

Wt  been wondering the same thing. Live action would be awesome to see, but it’s way too easy to completely fuck up the entire thing by going that way. Then you have to get right actors to follow the race in the story. I doubt many would enjoy it much if Link was black or Chinese.

I agree and the actor would have to be able to translate Link's personality and mannerisms to a Live-action movie. Honestly, I think I can name only two or three live action movies that were actually above average.