Register Now
Kane99

I'm done buying codes from G2A, and you should too

I purchased an Xbox GamePass Ultimate code back in October, a 1 month card to be exact and I purchased it from a third party seller on G2A. The seller had good ratings, but I wish I had looked at them before purchasing. After I purchased, I went in and redeemed, had a hiccup at first, but it went through. Now when you redeem Gamepass codes these days, Xbox seems to force you into the auto renewal payment option, but I always go in after to turn that off. Well I did this, but when I was in there, it shows a different service to manage my subscription. It shows up as "Purchased with BT/EE". And when I click on manage, it brings me to this other site where I have no account. 

So some bit of research later, I check the guys reviews and there are a bunch of users having the same issue. Reached out to the seller and he said it would drop off that month. As of today, I still have it. More research tells me that people who have this really can't do anything but wait it out. One post I found online stated they contacted MS and the BT or EE company and neither could do anything. So I reached out to Xbox first, and they said they can't do anything from their end. So I contacted EE and they said that only the account holder who gave me the code could cancel this, so all they said was to reach out to who gave me the code, and I doubt the seller remembers who gave him the code. So essentially I am stuck with this. The upside is I get free gamepass until this person cancels, but the downside is I hope this doesn't end up banning me. The xbox rep I spoke to said that would not happen. 

But yeah, just a word of warning, I know it's been said here before by a few others, but don't buy from G2A and maybe not even from other third party sellers. Go with Amazon or the actual site itself. 

Has this sort of thing happened to you when buying a third party code? 

I much as I want to shit on G2A, and I will, don't use them, the issue in this case I'd say is more with that phone contract purchase method. I know that because I've used it myself.

For those of you don't know, you can pay your Xbox Game pass subscription throug your phone contact. The cost of the subscription is simply added to your monthly bill. A couple of reasons why you might want to do this:

1. It's convenient to consolidate different subscriptions and contracts into one bill.
  2. It protects your Gamepass subscription from being suspended for late payments, even if you pay your phone bill a little late.

So, not a bad idea, but problems arise when you try to change the way you Gamepass subscription is paid. When my contract wthe Three ended in the summer, I was so glad to rid of them, but I had unfortuatly I had been using that contract to pay for Gamepass and Microsoft would out not let me change the payment method. I tried again and again, got my Gamepass service suspended, got multiple emails form Xbox asking me to update my payment method, but the system would not work. I don't want to be too harsh with Microsoft's customer service, they tried, but they were borked buy the same bad system I was trying to use.

So how did I solve it? Well, I didn't. I had to wait like 3-4 months for Microsoft to cancel my subscription conpletely for non-payment then just start a brand new subscription. That was literally all I could do.

I don't trust G2A, nor do I trust this seller. I can't understand how the seller can get so may Gamepass monthly subscriptions though a phone, sell them cheaper and make money, but it's shady at best. Even so, I believe this is a problem with Microsoft as much as it is anything else.

Personally, I have never been a fan of G2A. I have never used their services for anything whatsoever and it appeared to be one of best decisions I've made since I started playing video games. I would never recommend their services to anyone. 

I used G2A for like one month in 2016 and I haven't touched it since. The keys there are usually obtained by scammers using stolen credit cards that then sell you the unsuspecting person that key. At some point, there'll be a chargeback on the credit card and that key will become null and void.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I used G2A for like one month in 2016 and I haven't touched it since. The keys there are usually obtained by scammers using stolen credit cards that then sell you the unsuspecting person that key. At some point, there'll be a chargeback on the credit card and that key will become null and void.

I keep wondering why the site is still up even till date when there's so much reasons for it to be shutdown based on illegal activities? Those who are still making use of G2A are taking serious risk.