Register Now
Kane99

Do curved monitors add anything to gaming?

I have been interested in getting my hands on a curved monitor since they were introduced, but the cost has always pushed me away or I just never felt the need to buy one. Prices I think have lowered a lot on them, as I think you can get a cheap brand curved monitor, but the problem with that is you get what you paid. They are a bit more affordable today, but do they add anything that a standard monitor doesn't? I suppose you get better viewing angles with a curved monitor, but does it give you any advantage in gaming? What are the pros and cons for a regular monitor versus a curved monitor?

Yes, curved monitors can enhance gaming by providing a more immersive experience. The curved screen helps to fill your peripheral vision, creating a more realistic and engaging gameplay. It can also reduce eye strain and improve viewing angles for a more comfortable gaming experience.

I had often wondered this myself whenever I have seen curved monitors on sale in stores I frequent. They seemed so popular and even now they are just as popular. 

I had toyed with the idea of getting a curved monitor myself but had never jumped on one yet, knowing what I know now, I may do when the funds are there. 

I'm not so sure - Yes, it does look more appealing but most of the claims they've made regarding the benefits have mostly been exaggerated. The biggest benefit of curved monitors reported by most testers is the immersion.