Register Now
Kane99

SEGA is making new games of popular franchises, why can't other studios follow?

I'm looking at you Microsoft and Rare. :classic_rolleyes: As you may have heard already, SEGA announced a ton of their popular franchises coming back with brand new games. The trailer referenced Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio and more. When I saw the trailer, it made me think of other studios who have properties that haven't had a game in years. Much like Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio haven't had a sequel or new game in years. 

Rare is one studio I wish would tap into some of their older franchises and make new games. I mean Conker is an easy pick right from the get-go, because we've haven't had a true successor to Conker and at this point I don't think it'll ever happen. But it's not just Rare and Microsoft, well Microsoft has a lot of games they could pull from, but we'd probably be here all day discussing those games. 

I would have said SEGA otherwise, but since they are actively working on games that isn't just Sonic, I am going to give them a break. :D 

What are some companies that are in dire need of pulling from past franchises? I wouldn't mind a new Jak and Daxter game from Naughty Dog, that'd be nice. But I don't think they are in dire need of bringing said franchise back. 

Because Sega does what everyone else don't. 😛 Jokes aside I'm hoping other companies will do what Sega is currently doing. I would love to see a new Gex game and perhaps with the remasters coming out next year there could be a new one. We haven't had a brand new Mega Man game outside of Dive. Capcom has done this before where we didn't get a new Mega Man game for a while, and that's how Mighty No. 9 came to be.

Some companies in dire need of pulling from past franchises include Rare and Microsoft, who could tap into their older franchises like Conker. Naughty Dog could also consider a new Jak and Daxter game, although they are not necessarily in dire need.

SEGA have been a great at games over the years. I can't forget my old days experience of playing The Punisher and Contra on my SEGA Genesis. With what they are doing now, they are building up their fanbase more. I'm happy with their projects so far.