Register Now
Kane99

Do you use protective cases for all of your retro games?

If you're a collector, do you guys put your retro games in a case? Especially if you have them complete in box? Would you rather use these cases for just cart based games? Or do you also use them for disc based games to help keep them in pristine condition? My collection is not in any protective cases, but I would consider putting them in one if they are in great condition. Of course it also depends on the price for all these protective cases. I know some can be expensive to get. 

Would you start putting your games into protective cases and sleeves? 

I don't have many retro games but of the ones I do have, I tend to keep them in plastic cases so they stay safe. I know of some people who specifically buy cases and print out their own sheets for them to label them which also sounds like a good idea if you are able to do that . 

I've been wanting to get some cases for a lot of my loose retro games, especially my Pokemon ones. I know there's custom cases you can buy off Etsy, since I don't have a printer I might actually go down this route and get a bunch of cases made for my Pokemon games. I also want to get cases for some of my Genesis titles too, for my loose Sonic games I just plan on getting additional copies of the games since I want legit cases and manuals for them.

Yes, I use protective cases for all my retro games. Gotta keep those classics in top condition, you know? Can't let any scratches or damage ruin the nostalgia. Plus, they look pretty cool on the shelf!