Register Now
Kane99

Why don't we see more Simpson games these days?

We used to get a ton of games in the Simpsons world, especially at the height of its popularity in the 90s. The show may not be as popular these days, but I still feel as if the show is popular enough to warrant more game releases . I'm sure we got a few mobile games, but Idk If I'd count those. I want games on the level of the Simpsons video game that came out for the 360 and PS3. Or even a remake or sequel to the Simpsons Hit & Run or Road Rage. 

Don't you think we're kind of due for another adventure game at least? Or maybe even a remaster of some of their classic arcade/retro games. 

I feel like games based on shows really started dying off in the 2010's and you don't really see them that often anymore. Now days I feel like most games that are released alongside shows are mobile titles, and if anything we could get a new Simpsons game via mobile. Makes me wonder if they'll be thinking of finally ending the series soon and maybe that's why we haven't seen much in terms of games based on the show. I know that since they've been doing things like removing Apu from the series and having Homer no longer choking Bart that many people have complained that the show went "woke" so maybe views are down now because of these choices and they don't feel the need to make games based on the show anymore?

I have often wondered this myself, from what I understand, The Simpsons is still quite popular and I feel a new game on the newest generation of consoles would be welcomed for sure. 

I have always said about seeing remakes of The Simpsons Hit and Run and also Road Rage but we do not seem to be getting those but a new game would be welcomed with open arms I feel. 

Yes, it would be great to see more games based on The Simpsons, especially adventure games or remasters of their classic arcade/retro games. The show's popularity still deserves more game releases, and it would be exciting to have a new game on the level of The Simpsons video game or a remake/sequel of Hit & Run or Road Rage.

Seriously, I have waited for the Simpsons Hit & Run to get a sequel for years but it was never looking like something that's going to happen. I've already given up on seeing that happening again. It seems they've moved on from the franchise.