Register Now
Kane99

How many games does Gamestop even sell anymore?

With the way Gamestop is going, it looks to be turning into a toy store more than it is a game store. I heard a while back they mostly sell action figures, funko pop figures and gaming collectibles, while their gaming selection seems to dwindle with each passing year. Do you think that Gamestop will soon become just a store to buy collectibles? What is the selection of video games like at a gamestop these days? How far back do they go in terms of consoles? Or do they only sell mostly the new gen games and last gen only? I haven't been in a gamestop in maybe 5 years. 

We do not have a GameStop in the UK but we have a similar store called Game, they are the same they tend to sell more collectibles than they do physical games now and it does make me wonder if soon, they may just stop selling physical games altogether. 

Even going in the store you can a lot of the time buy games digitally too so having them physical is usually pointless. Most of the time, the games that are physical that sell are used games that have been sold to the store for credit. 

I do believe one day we will see physical games no longer available in stores such as GameStop or Game in the UK and digital fully taking over. These stores will simply sit as a place to buy gaming collectibles. 

On 12/27/2023 at 6:18 PM, Shortie said:

We do not have a GameStop in the UK but we have a similar store called Game, they are the same they tend to sell more collectibles than they do physical games now and it does make me wonder if soon, they may just stop selling physical games altogether. 

Even going in the store you can a lot of the time buy games digitally too so having them physical is usually pointless. Most of the time, the games that are physical that sell are used games that have been sold to the store for credit. 

I do believe one day we will see physical games no longer available in stores such as GameStop or Game in the UK and digital fully taking over. These stores will simply sit as a place to buy gaming collectibles. 

When Microsoft is even planning on closing up their physical game's store, it's something that's likely going to happen in the future and it's not going to be long. This happening with GameStop and other gaming store is a sign of how digital games are taking over. It's a reality we all have to face.