Register Now
Kane99

Will we ever have something like E3 for fans again?

With E3 dead and likely never coming back, do you think we will have an event that comes along and takes over for it? Like a new show for all gaming fans to go to and enjoy. I think the closest thing we have to that now is events like Comicon. I don't think anyone can get into a CES show or something. E3 was all gamers really had where we could go to a gaming themed show for gamers. Not just developers, publishers, reporters and industry insiders. I think later on though, E3 didn't allow the public in, but that was later on in its life wasn't it? I forget. 

Anyway, do you think we'll ever see shows or events like E3 for fans and gamers ever again? Is there anything out there currently like E3 where anyone can go to the show if they can afford it? 

Definitely! The gaming industry is always evolving, events like E3 are crucial for bringing fans together, showcasing exciting new games, and building hype. As long as there are gamers who are passionate about gaming, we can expect more epic events like E3 in the future. Game on!

I actually find the very question "Will we ever have something like E3 for fans again?" questionable as E3 was never meant for fans in the first place. It was meant for the press and journalists to meet with developers, publishers and console manufactures to get a look at upcoming games and hardware that would then be reported on by said journalist in news outlets, newspapers, online publications and magazines. The turn from a press only event to basically a glorified convention was the start of E3's demise. not to mention we have TGA's and the rise of developers having thier own showcases and announcement events going on regularly as well as actual conventions and festivals, so we already have replacements for E3.

And honestly @Kane99, I don't see why we couldn't have had this discussed on the thread discussing E3 officially coming to an end that you already started. Do you realize it's been nearly year since you replied to a thread instead of starting a new one? I'm not saying your braking any rules, but forums are about engagement, not just putting up new topics and ignoring everyone else.

What's Sony's State of Play again? I believe that's a bigger replacement for E3 in so many way. So, I don't even think there's any need for gamers to be bothered about E3 because it wasn't even meant for them in the first place.