Register Now
Debashis

In a world without technology, how would your daily routine and interactions change?

I'd probably be outside a lot more or completing diamond art I haven't completed yet if we were in a world with no technology. 

The world without technology would be difficult now due to everything being done online now. 

I'd miss texting friends online. 

I would relax a HELL OF A LOT MORE than I'm able to now. I have plans on getting a cabin built off in the woods, hidden from society, where I can escape when I need to. There will be no electricity or running water. There would be an outhouse. Just a fireplace with a chimney, a table with chair, bookshelf, a nightstand, and a bed. I would have a few candles as well. I would keep copies of some of my favorite books there to read, as well as notebooks for whatever and I would definitely take my diary as well. Yes, I'm 42 and still keep a diary. The silence and stillness would be more than soothing. Just 4 walls and a roof. There doesn't even have to be a floor. The dirt is just fine with me.

There is very little that I need to be happy. Luxuries are great, but some of us just don't actually need them. Sometimes we don't even want them.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:41 PM, killamch89 said:

We'd basically become like our ancestors. Using carrier pigeons to deliver message and all that kind of stuff. As a matter of fact, we'd probably be a lot more like the Amish people in the US.

Would it really be all that bad? It sounds like paradise to me, if you remove the religious aspect.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Would it really be all that bad? It sounds like paradise to me, if you remove the religious aspect.

I don't think so at all. I mean, we'd have to do more manual labor but I actually like the outdoors and doing physical activities so I'd probably love it after a few weeks.

The most important thing that will happen without technology is that we will embrace our loved ones more or life itself alone. We get so stuck in our toys that we would rather entertain our own self and neglect others in real life. That happens to all of us in the modern world. It takes a loss to realize what you can lose. Wishing you spent more time with them instead of all the stupid technology. But we are all prisoners of technology. 

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The most important thing that will happen without technology is that we will embrace our loved ones more or life itself alone. We get so stuck in our toys that we would rather entertain our own self and neglect others in real life. That happens to all of us in the modern world. It takes a loss to realize what you can lose. Wishing you spent more time with them instead of all the stupid technology. But we are all prisoners of technology. 

You're totally right and even I am guilty of this to an extent. When you get to spend time out in nature, it really helps to appreciate the simple things that's around us that we normally take for granted.