Register Now
Lamarr the strelok

least fave weapon?

I was gonna make this thread because I hate flamethrowers in games. I usually set myself on fire along with the bad guys. Then I was nosing around for a cheap game and came across dlc for metro and bought it. Then I found out the main weapon for the 2 colonels dlc is.......a bloomin flamethrower! It was a nice surprise as I am making good use of it. I only sometimes set myself on fire.😀

But anyway, what is your least fave weapon in games?

Before I address the topic I need to ask, is there particular reason you posted this to the PC sub-forum? On the face of it this looks like a topic with relevance to players on any platform, not just PC. If there is no good reason for this being here I will move this to the General Gaming Forum as that seems like a better fit.

On topic, I've never been a fan of short/mid range rapid fire weapons like SMG's. I'm never accurate with them and they bleed ammo. I'm more a fan of single shot power and accuracy over a high fire rate. If I wanted a short range hip fire weapon, I'd have a shotgun instead. The one gun of that type that I have liked is the Spray n' Pray from Fallout 4 mostly because you don't need to be accurate with it and it's OP as hell.

I'd say the weapon type I probably like the least are bows and here are my reasons:

1. They take long to reload.
  2. Related to my first point, if you don't get a headshot, you're pretty much screwed.
  3. I find that in a lot of games that include it, arrows tend to be hard to come by and while you can go pick them up after killing someone, it's like a witch hunt to find those arrows sometime.

I'm probably among the few who hates hand Canons or grenade launchers. I just can't get into using them. Side arms is another weapon I hate that much because of its abysmal range. 

On 2/2/2024 at 10:51 AM, Lamarr the strelok said:

Yes killamch 89 I agree. My 2nd least fave weapon is bows too. It's taken me years to be comfotable with bows for the same reasons you listed.I'd still rather have a different weapon than a bow if I can help it.

I'd rather go unarmed than trying to use a bow especially when fighting multiple enemies. A bow is worthless unless you're extremely skilled.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd rather go unarmed than trying to use a bow especially when fighting multiple enemies. A bow is worthless unless you're extremely skilled.

I did struggled a lot too playing with bow and arrow. I had that experience in playing Ghost of Tsushima and some other games. I had to put in more efforts in learning how to use it. Ordinarily, I would go for a knife(dagger) to kill my opponents.