Register Now
svjiminfxv

Valentines Day

I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day, as so many women expect (or even demand) gifts as if it's their fucking birthday or xmas. But these days, I do pick up a box of chocolates and maybe a teddy bear or something for @Rain Dew on Valentine's Day, plus a card.

But all in all, I just see it as a holiday that's pushed by greeting card companies to sell more product.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:35 PM, killamch89 said:

I don't know if it's an age thing but I don't even care that much about my own birthday anymore.

It may be an age thing, because I don't give half a husky shit about my birthday either. All it is, is the day that enables me to say one number higher when someone asks me how old I am. I'm 42 now. Before you know it I'll be 50. Assuming I live that long.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It may be an age thing, because I don't give half a husky shit about my birthday either. All it is, is the day that enables me to say one number higher when someone asks me how old I am. I'm 42 now. Before you know it I'll be 50. Assuming I live that long.

For the past two or three years, my friends had to call to remind me about mine. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even remembered. I came to the realization years ago that the only reason I even looked forward to birthdays when I was younger, was because of the gifts I'd receive.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I came to the realization years ago that the only reason I even looked forward to birthdays when I was younger, was because of the gifts I'd receive.

Exactly. These days, if I can just get a day without being fatigued all damn day, THAT is my birthday.

I ended up sending Valentine's Day in hospital.

Was admitted late Sunday night/ early Monday morning with some frightening pains in my chest and left shoulder. After the tests, it turned out to be a chest infection causing pneumonia. It was the inflamed tissues of my lung rubbing against my scest cavity that was causing the pain. A blessing in desguise really as it help the doctors catch the pneumonia very early. So yes, I've had better weeks, but I'm being discharged today. A few more days of medication and things should be back to normal.

6 hours ago, Shagger said:

I ended up sending Valentine's Day in hospital.

Was admitted late Sunday night/ early Monday morning with some frightening pains in my chest and left shoulder. After the tests, it turned out to be a chest infection causing pneumonia. It was the inflamed tissues of my lung rubbing against my scest cavity that was causing the pain. A blessing in desguise really as it help the doctors catch the pneumonia very early. So yes, I've had better weeks, but I'm being discharged today. A few more days of medication and things should be back to normal.

Sorry to hear than man and I had knew Pneumonia as a child and had to be admitted because I could hardly breath either. When I had it, my doctor at the time recommended I had ginger root tea with honey and that really helped me recover a lot quicker. Red Reishi is another one that's really good at helping your body to completely recover from terminal illness.