Register Now
svjiminfxv

What was your first job?

What was your first job? Did you enjoy doing that job?

My first job was a paper round with my older brother. I was 13 when I was doing this job to get a little bit of money for myself. 

I enjoyed this job as it was something to do early in the morning before school. 

I was a manager at a game and sport shop. I just got out of high school, I showed my knowledge of the games and money management during the interview. I worked there for a year and six months, it was memorable. 

My first job involved developing indoor small cell radios. I used to like it because it brought a lot of opportunities to learn with it. My current job is also related to a similar domain where I'm able to use the experience I gained in my first company.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:38 AM, Heatman said:

If I remembered correctly, my first job was being a teacher in high school. I actually enjoyed the job but unfortunately, I wasn't paid well. 

How long were you a teacher for? I'm not sure I could ever be a high school teacher because I was such a nuisance in high school. I can't imagine running into someone like me lol.

My first job was a cashier at a local grocery store. I hated it and I barely made minimum wage, I got paid every week too but I also was part time so that didn't help. Plus you have to join a union if you work at the local grocery chains, and they take out union fees.

20 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

My first job was a cashier at a local grocery store. I hated it and I barely made minimum wage, I got paid every week too but I also was part time so that didn't help. Plus you have to join a union if you work at the local grocery chains, and they take out union fees.

That sounds rough. I bet there were some pretty sticky moments with customers, right?